North Yorkshire Moors

Hi all,
Heading for North Yorkshire Moors for a week starting Good Friday and planning on activating G/TW-001 Urra Moor - Round Hill, G/TW-002 Cringle Moor - Drake Howe and maybe G/TW-003 Gisborough Moor if I can get away with it.

We will be staying in Thirsk. I have been told this is not a SOTA trip and we will have the Granddaughter who is four with us to slow us down even more than usual.

I will hopefully alert via mobile broadband from the laptop and self spot via mobile phone, so I will not hazard a guess at what or when.

Planning a day out to York and visits to the beaches at Scarborough and Whitby so if any local SOTAers fancy meeting up for a pint and a chat please let me know.

Any tips on the summits planned, what to else to do or where to eat out in the area would be appreciated, either via this thread or via email (see QRZ.com).

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:
Hi Steve,
Try taking the kids to Goathland train station (filming for harry potter), two caches on the station, and of course when you get into Goatland its self you will find (heartbeat), i enjoyed my time 21/03/2009 up in that neck of the world, Took some photos and put them on flickr.com, hope the weather is as good as we had. good luck on activating these summits, I had my oreders no radio, but did manage to talk to 2e0fsr when i was mobile in Leeds, but sadly nothing from Terry g0vwp in York, Phones work wonder thou.
Steve m0sgb