Non SOTA operation IZ1BLA

IZ1BLA has informed the SOTA MT he was not on I/PM-100 but I/PM-1000. This is one of the infuriating non-SOTA summit references created by SOTA Italia despite them agreeing not to create references that could be confused with SOTA refs after the big Italian summits cleanup a few years back.

Anyway, he wasn’t on I/PM-100 though why he spotted himself on there is anyone’s guess. Being a miserable cynic I could give several reasons but I’m trying to maintain a sunny disposition today.

However, it’s not valid so the follow people will need to delete their chase. Sorry you were misled.

TimeOfDay OwnCallsign OtherCallsign Band mode
12:05 HB9AGH IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:46 DJ5AV IZ1BLA/p 7MHz SSB
11:53 ON7ZM IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:53 S57ILF IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:45 F5JKK IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
12:04 EA2CP IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:57 EA2CKX IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:50 IW3AGO IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
12:03 IX1IHR IZ1BLA/P 7MHz SSB
11:20 EA3ARP IZ1BLA/P/QRP 7MHz SSB
7 Likes

Thanks for the info Andy,

There were also several S2S with him, and one of them was me.
I saw his spot on 40m for I/PM-100, but it’s true that he stated during at least one QSO that he’s on I/PM-1000, which I thought is a misunderstanding. Well, well…

73 Stephan

Thanks Andy :+1: :white_check_mark:

Thanks for info. I will delete my qso from database. We ha ve big problems with Sotaitalia and our SOTA manager (never heard or read and never answering my mails).
73’

3 Likes

Hi Claudio

The official information on valid summits is the sota database.

https://summits.sota.org.uk/association/I

Whatever was messed up in the past should not matter.

But if you want to activate more or other summits there is GMA global mountain activity. That is an official award system. But you can’t call or spot using SOTA. They have their own system.

73 Joe

1 Like

Hello, same experience… i contact him only once using “facebook messenger”, i send to him some “new summit” for Lazio but i never see this new summit on the database… he said to me that this task “take long time”… and also i neve heard him o see him in sota log or database… so no real sota activity.

73 de IW0HK Andrea

IW0HK and I would like to add some SOTA summit references in the Lazio region. (Andrea sent all the information)
Unfortunately the Italy Regional Manager didn’t take care of the request.
I think it’s time to consider replacing the Regional Manager with someone more responsive.

73 de IZ0ETE Emanuele

2 Likes

hello same thing too when I asked for info on POTA to the manager who was also the manager of SOTA (now it has been changed) answered 2 times then stop more answered … for the change of SOTA manager in Italy it would be fine @ IU2HEE MARCO fundamental man together with others from the MOUNTAIN QRP CLUB

1 Like

The manager of SOTA Italia should be someone who does SOTA, who knows the problems and has the time, passion, and desire to solve them.

2 Likes

As it says in the FAQ, information on suggested new summits should be sent to the AM, not the RM. If you get no response then I suggest sending the information directly to the MT summit team, who will examine the data and give an opinion. Any suggested summits found to be valid can then be included in the next revision. IIRC, all the clearly valid summits were included in the last revision, some border-line summits that were rejected may well become valid if there is new survey data.

2 Likes

Dear Brian, thanks for the clear answer, this is the problem, that the italian national manager, even after sending him updates on summits and new summits, evidently does not send them to those who manage the sota program. Months go by and they don’t see the updates, after I wrote him again and he replied “the Sota deadlines are very long”. I must also say that for me it is frustrating that Sota Italia has a manager that I never see on sotawach, I don’t see his reports or activations …

thanks for the support, 73 Andrea IW0HK

1 Like

Because of the workload with currently 197 Associations, we limit Association updates to one per year. I do not know if the AM has forwarded any suggested updates to the Summits Team, possibly he has looked at the suggestions and determined that they do not meet the criteria, though I would have expected that he would contact you in that case. I repeat my earlier suggestion, that you contact the summit team directly with your suggestions, using the contact page in the SOTA website (“SOTA Home” on the Sotawatch page).

1 Like

Be sure to differentiate between SOTA’s Italy association, and Sota Italia (which has nothing to do with SOTA and causes no end of grief in Italy)

1 Like

we are talking about the Italian manager of SOTA uk not sotaitalia

Ok, thanks for the answer, for the question of updating the summit it is all clear, but if instead as Italian Sota activators we wanted to signal that we do not like how the current manager manages the program (such as the lack of regional managers and the difficulty in communicate with him) what would the process be?

73 And IW0HK

Actually you have already started the process, And. The message has been received and the MT will discuss the matter.

2 Likes

Have in mind that all italian chasers and activators who stay in the SOTA program (not Sotaitalia of course) are waiting for a drastic change in the way of managing the program in Italy. Also if they are not on the forum they are in radio or on the summits!

4 Likes

Thank you ! i’m happy to read this !

73 And IW0HK

1 Like

Good morning to everyone.
I’ve read the different responses from Sota UK members.
Then I’ve some questions.
Please. a national Menager who does not reply to anyone’s e-mails who is it for?
Here we lack Ham spirit and good manners.
Not answering anyone can not be justified with commitments, if there is little time available for activities, it gives way to those who can do her job well.
This situation distances from the SOTA and does not benefit anyone.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I heard him on this side of the pond. He could not hear me. A good effort anyway. Always good to work you guys on the other side! // AB4PP

1 Like