"No gravy at the chippy, and what's a saveloy?"

…one of the greatest lyrics in rock ‘n’ roll history.

Anyway, Jimmy and I are off down to London, not to dig up paving stones but to join the annual British DX Club (http://www.bdxc.org.uk) get-together, beer, chat, curry in Twickenham. Meeting at the Barmy Arms at 4pm if anyone wants to pop in. This event usually also includes a mobile/portable FM broadcast band DXing session in Richmond Park (one of the highest points in Greater London) on the Sunday morning.

However, we won’t be joining that, choosing instead to complete the G/CE region. We will have done CE-001, CE-002 & CE-003 on the way down on the Saturday, with CE-004 & CE-005 to be activated on the Sunday. Joint activations of any are welcome; alert times are very approximate.

I have already activated all these, and Jimmy has walked up them all with me, but not since he got his licence, so he needs these for his Uniques. I understand that some keen chasers need some of these for their Uniques, and I have already started taking bookings to point in certain directions at certain times! Does anyone else need any of these summits? Let me know on here and I will make a point of looking for you, even unleashing the 5 watts on 2m SSB H-pol if necessary!

Our journey progress may be monitored via repeaters. We will be initially on GB3VT 145.725MHz, and then other local repeaters or S20 as appropriate. Jimmy will be self-spotting to the tune of “QRV in 20 minutes” if all goes to plan. Hopefully we will have the whole region completed inside 45 hours.

In reply to M1EYP:

Macc lads rule !

In reply to M1EYP:

Believe it or not I need some of them! Hopefully will be around somewhere to catch you.

73, Gerald

002, 003 and 004 required

In reply to M1EYP:

Good luck Tom & Jimmy, I will be there listening, especially for 002 & 005 to complete the set.
You never know, you may even get me s2s.

73 Mike

In reply to M1EYP:

There are many others that I would choose before that one, none of them could be published :slight_smile:

Ian
G7ADF

In reply to M1EYP:

Not “Where’s the £*&%&£* party?”

Anyway, Jimmy and I are off down to London, not to dig up paving
stones but to join the annual British DX Club (http://www.bdxc.org.uk)
get-together, beer, chat, curry in Twickenham.

Beer & London in the same sentence? Nah!

Hope you are going to try HF. Need CE-002 & 005. Will probably be tucked up in bed when you do 002 but might be up a hill for 005.

Have fun drinking weak warm beer. You will need the curry to take the taste away.

All the best Steve GW7AAV

Youngs Ales. Proper beer. I’ve been to this pub before. I did get caught out earlier in the year though, when we went to the Chelsea v Macc FA Cup tie. A pub only had two things on draught - lager or cider! Yuk.

Glad to see that people are looking for us for their Uniques. We will endeavour to make contact with all hunters. Will be on 145.725 (Stoke-on-Trent repeater) between about 6.30 and 8.00am in the morning, then other repeaters/S20 after that.

Steve - we are specially beaming CQ town for DSP from 002 - so try to stay awake for a bit! We will swing the beam too as others want it. Spotting and updating services by chasers for the benefit of other chasers is welcomed by us (even bogus spots).

See you in the morning.

In reply to M1EYP:

I just got the shock of my life when I googled the Macc Lads classic and found out it is now 23 years old, seems like only yesterday Tom.

73 Mike

You can tell how long ago it is simply by the fact that a foul punk rock band is being discussed by a bunch of middle-aged men…

In reply to M1EYP:

Ahem… never mind the Macc Lads… you’re coming down to the land of Sham 69!

“Hersham boys , Hersham boys, laced up boots and corduroys…” …and so on…

Anyway I hope (WX conditions and family permitting) to be with Tom and Jimmy on G/CE-005 on HF… 60m for sure then 40m and 80m depending on battery power (SSB and may take shack key for CW).

73 Marc GØAZS

In reply to M1EYP:

Unfortunately nowt heard of you on either summit today Tom (CE-002/3), not even a weak carrier… guess I will have to keep looking. Trust me to live on wrong’t side of 'ill!

73, Gerald

Great to work yourself and Jimmy on the first two summits today Tom, for two s2s contacts.
As you know CE-002 was a unique for me and I now just need CE-005 Wendover Woods to complete the CE set.
I might be able to get on a summit tomorrow, will have to see what the family commitments are.
It looks like my chances have been increased with Marc G0AZS joing you and Jimmy and operating HF, so fingers crossed I can work one of you.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom, Jimmy

Thanks very much for the s2s from CE-001 from both of you, amazingly enough a unique for me!

Hope you had a good evening at Twickers and gave the Young’s a bashing (well perhaps not Jimmy…)

Looking forward to catching you both again soon

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to M1EYP:

Youngs Ales. Proper beer.

Why go all the way to London to sup yet another ale from a brewery that has been bought out & closed down, then brewed elsewhere (Bedford) & trying to pass itself off as a London brew?

Many thanks for G/CE-005 Tom, which now completes the CEs for me. Great to do it on 7.032-cw, well done!!

73 Mike GW0DSP