Nice little piece of kit when soldering antenna or

If like me your eyesight no longer matches that of your youth so soldering an Anderson powerpole as a link in a SOTA multiband linked dipole or in a powerline as a connector for a LIPO battery can be a challenge, you might find this little bit of kit useful. On sale from Lidl at least in my area from today.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_25486.htm
Got mine this morning. New SOTA linked dipole to include the higher HF bands now under way although at my rate of progress this may take some time
Jim G0CQK

In reply to G0CQK:

Actually Jim, that is something I have been after for a while :slight_smile:

In the meantime I bought a pair of cheap spectacles from Tesco for very close in work. My eyesight is 20/20 without glasses, confirmed by the regular eye-tests I have at work, but with component sizes getting ever smaller it does help to be able to focus properly on your work very close in. Maybe just a bit too close when a bit of solder decides to spit at you!

A big fixed magnifying lens makes much more sense, in so many ways. Hi!

I think there is a Lidl in Blackburn, so if I can find my way around the one way system the council have in place this week, I’ll have a look.

Also, a work colleague of mine happenned to mention today that Aldi (in NW England at least) had some very cheap (but reasonable quality) outdoor gear in stock at the moment.

Thanks & best 73,

Mark G0VOF