New video on/on-008 kemmelberg

Dear sota friends,

a new video’s on next YouTube link concerning ON/ON-008 KEMMELBERG.

Also pictures on personal website http://www.onl.be

Luc
ON6DSL
And the team.

In reply to ON6DSL:
Hi Luc and the team,thanks for the qso,s and Superb video.

73 de Geoff G4CPA and Club MX0BCQ/p.

In reply to ON6DSL:

Great to work you on this one Luc.
Please check your log, you get my call right on the initial contact in the video and then later you drop the W. You have me as G7AAV in the credits too.

Enjoyed the video too, nice work.

73 Steve GW7AAV

PS: Would be interesting to know how you put together these videos, what software you use and how you combine the stills into the video ect. Maybe you could do a video of making a SOTA video?

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hello Steve,

Of course we want help you as possible.

Natural we starting to make some video’s concerning what you want to show on YouTube. Sota, home made stuff and so on …
We using fot this video’s the next following cameras, SONY DSC-F505V or the SONY DSC-S700. All video-files are also MB large, between 1 Mb and 60 Mb and more for only seconds film on lowest resolution, as your camera that manages. Normal is it no problem, all cameras take video-films on lowest resolution.

First registration on YouTube, password … and so on. I think you know well.

Via the programme WINDOWS MOVIEMAKER on WINDOWS XP we making the video.
There we assemble the several video’s and/or photographics, making the text and adds the music. Via the programme EDIT MUSIC PRO we treat the music files … we mix them, make them longer or shorter according to the length of the film. We store the final music file on our pc and give also the file a filename.
At the end of all versions, (video’s, photographics, text, music, etc …) we store the complete video.
Let someone else also looking at the video. Look to the complete video again and again, change, modify the video if you want. Wrong errors are making rapid. The video is now more than 60 - 70 - 100 or more Mb large according the length of the video.
Finaly we store the video in the programme Windows Moviemaker “as bests its well under the Pc” … Moviemaker puts automatically the video in a smaller format. Mayby 10-20-30 ore more Mb large. Give also the video a filename … SOTA_video_XX/XX-001_GW7AAV (You know)

Then up to YouTube.

Open YouTube on you Pc … Log on … look right on the screen … see UPLOAD. Click on it.
Upload your video there, fill in the name, tags ect … ect …
Be patient … waiting for a long time … Yes … FINISCH !!!
The video is on YouTube, but only on your file. NOT on SOTA !!!

Now on to sota.
Registration on the SOTA UK website. ----> OK ?
Take the sota website —> video … upload a video.
Follow the instructions. Upload time … some seconds. Ok
Now is your video on YouTube SOTA.

So, I hope that I have helped you sufficiently.

Much luck.

GL- Cu Nxt SOTA and SOTA FILM !!!

Luc
ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

Cheers Luc I had not realised that the Windows Movie Maker was part of XP. I will have to have a play with it and see what I can do. I had made some slide shows with music in another program but could not convert them to a movie format or combine them with video.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

Ok Steve, GL with the video’s.

The log it is now OK. I delete —> G7AAV and adapted in GW7AAV.
Rapidly happened such mistake. Beginning to become old … hihi.

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

very comfortable location, with table and bench, that would be the right SOTA for my old bones :wink: Thanks for the impressions.

Mario

In reply to ON6DSL:

In reply to GW7AAV:
The log it is now OK. I delete —> G7AAV and adapted in GW7AAV.

No problem Luc but thank you and thanks for another video for my collection. 4th time someone has caught me on the air on YouTube. Maybe next time it will be my own video now I know how.

73 Steve GW7AAV