New top Activator

Congratulations to Steve G1INK. A quick check of the database shows that we now have a new top G activator in the form of Steve G1INK, who went to the top of the G points tables after his recent trip to the DM/BW summits. Steve went one better when he hit top spot in all associations for the most unique summits activated.

Well done Steve and thanks for all the points.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
hello Mike, thanks for this information about Steve and Congratulations to G1INK!!!
hpe cuagn
best regards
f5nep Lionel

In reply to GW0DSP:
To G1INK - Congratulations Steve ! - well done on all those activations, you have certainly put some effort in doing all those summits.
I’m happy to have worked you on many of them, since it was you that got me “hooked” on SOTA.
Here’s to many more activations !!

73 Graham G3OHC

Congratulations Steve. I still remember our first QSO’s when I first started chasing. Sorry I did not work you in DJ as I was in Lazarote.
Hopefully work you on many more in the future.

73 Graham G4JZF

Well done Steve. That is a lot of hard work and dedication that you have put in to what is certainly no mean achievement!

73, Gerald

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Steve,
Well done on been the top G op, thanks for the DL summits as well Steve thinking of going myself next year thats if I get the time anyway congrats from this end.

Terry
G0VWP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hoi Steve,

Holala … congratulations Steve G1INK and well done !
Hope to work you soon again on the next summit.

73 from Belgium
Luc and Nick
ON6DSL - ON3DSN

Great job Steve. It is always a pleasure to work you.

Peter

In reply to GW0DSP:

Mike,

Yes, well done to Steve. A terrific, sustained effort on Steve’s part and a great way to amass some serious points and balance out all those ‘self sacrificial’ one and zero-point uniques he likes to do. Added to that, a not inconsiderable and head-spinning effort in putting that little lot into the database! An impressive number of summits at an excellent daily rate. Steve will now be the one to ‘peer ahead into the unknown.’

Looking at the data just now, it would seem that you too deserve some recognition Mike. 13 summits activated proves you’re fully recovered. Must have been great doing the CW from all those high-pointers. I should think the top UK CW men would have got pretty excited about it on 40m!

I hope you all had a good holiday. Mick (HJD) told me during NFD that he’d been to Germany, so I guess he would have gone with you two.

73, John G4YSS.

In reply to G4YSS:

Thank you John. I would have managed a lot more if it wasn’t for this stupid back of mine. I lost 3 days in total but managed 4 more summits after the pain eased. Mick did go with us and we had a great time.
40m was abysmal with my 5 watts, due mainly to the constant QRN due to regular storms in the region so 30m-cw came out a clear winner. The UK chasers’ support was humbling, as was the support from the chasers from the mainland EU.
Germany is a beautiful country and I would love to return before the end of the year. We’ll see, anyone fancy it?

Mike GW0DSP