New to the Reflector

Hello all,

New to the Reflector and have a couple of peaks in the books. Mostly one point peaks near my QTH but hopefully will get some higher point peaks this year. Really enjoying SOTA and primarily use my FT-70D for 2m and my x6100 for HF. Here are a couple of pictures from an activation September of last year:

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Robert

21 Likes

@KW6OWL

Welcome to the Reflector and to SOTA Robert…enjoy.

73 Allan GW4VPX

1 Like

Welcome Robert @KW6OWL ,

I see you also do POTA - I find combining SOTA and POTA a great way of enabling multiple chasers, especially DX ones, which are always exciting. Made my first few West-coast US contacts on 10m just recently, (since being licensed in 1996) and I’m looking forward to hitting 100 confirmed countries on QRZ soon :crossed_fingers:

Hope to catch you S2S/P2P some time.
73, Simon.

2 Likes

That’s a cracking callsign Robert. I’m sure you will soon be working lots of chasers from the summits. It would be great to work you from over this side of the pond. All the best for your activations.

73, Gerald

3 Likes

Welcome to the fraternity Robert. Hope you enjoy the fun.

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

@KW6OWL

Welcome Robert.

You live in a great part of California and I think quite a strong contingent exists in and around the SF Bay Area including Rex Volkey (@KE6MT) Cal’s AM if you’re looking to co-activate or just participate in some of their get togethers.

Paul

1 Like

Welcome, Robert! Like Paul said, there are quite a few of us here in the Bay Area if you ever want to meet up! Also, there might be a NorCal SOTA gathering happening in April or May.

Rex KE6MT

1 Like

Thank you for all the greetings @GW4VPX @G7WKX @G4OIG @W6PNG @KE6MT @VK3SQ

@KE6MT it would be good to meet up with some others from NorCal. Would this be the place to watch for the gathering information? I have a buddy that also activates with me. I am sure he would like to come too if it is in the cards.

Actually, subscribe to the NorCal SOTA group here:

I’ve been a bit lax with making regular meetings happen lately, but plan to spin things back up again soon!

-Rex KE6MT

1 Like

I joined up. Thank you for the link.

Hey Robert,

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the QSL card. Hope to work you again soon - maybe S2S!

Josh WU7H

1 Like

Thank you @WU7H

Welcome! Another west coaster! Hope to have a QSO one day.

1 Like