New Summit-To-Summit Award - "Air Boss"

OK, we have a summit-to-summit (S2S) point system but what about an award that encourages S2S?

My proposal: When you get to 10,000 S2S points, you get the “Air Boss” award. There aren’t a lot of people out there that have enough to qualify, just one in Colorado (I’ll let you guess who that is). I’m almost 2K S2S so I’ve got a ways to go.

The award possibly more S2S and it’s a heck of a lot of fun.

What do you think?

N1CLC

2 Likes

Hello, it has be done… a long time ago

Gerald

I don’t understand the need.
There are already award categories for S2S up to 50k points

73 Joe

1 Like

If you are looking for some new SOTA award to be created, what do you think about a SOTA Ham complete award?
A Ham complete point would be earned when a chaser QSO, an activator QSO and a S2S QSO has been logged between 2 same SOTAris.
This would encourage SOTAris to do chasing, activating and S2S.
That’s my 2 cents.

Guru

1 Like

Sorry! I pressed transmit before tuning my brain.

Disregard this message, and consisder all future message from me suspect :slight_smile:

1 Like

She’s right old mate no problem making inquiries.
Ian vk5cz …

If I understand you correctly, you are not proposing a new S2S award, because it is clearly designed to be open ended. What I suspect that you are looking for is a title equivalent to Mountain Goat and Shack Sloth. This was considered when the S2S award was commenced but no satisfactory title was put forward. I can’t say that I like “Air Boss”, though.

Incidentally, the S2S award was not designed into the program by the MT or founders, it came about in answer to the high value that the participants put on S2S contacts - even the chasers joined in, telling activators that another activator was calling them. In effect the participants invented the award, the MT just formalised it and designed the certificate.

1 Like