New SOTAtoADIF tool for ARRL LOTW

Hi SOTA friends :wave:t2: I just wanted to share with activators this fantastic new SOTA tool I’ve found on GitHub today. It’s called SOTAtoADIF by Jack G5JDA.

Unlike every SOTA-ADIF tool I have seen before, this script will generate a bulk ADIF suitable for uploading to ARRL LOTW without the need to manually create a ‘station’ for each summit in LOTW TQSL. That requirement has always put me off doing any LOTW entries for SOTA activations. Within ten minutes I was able to upload thousands of QSOs from years of SOTA in one go to LOTW. Awesome! :sunglasses:

It’s still in ‘alpha’ status and looks like Jack has some more ideas and refinements to make, but it’s still worth checking it out:

11 Likes

Hello,
Is it for linux only?
Gerald

The read.me file (see the GITHUB link) has instructions for use on Windows.

2 Likes

@M1HAX

Thanks for posting this Richard. Like you I have been hunting around for suitable software to do the task but most have not been user friendly. I’ll be investigating this one.

73 Allan

1 Like

Hey Allan. I had to study the readme a bit but once I was ready it was pretty straightforward and I was done in about 20 minutes. Time well invested I felt! Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

HI,
Thanks for answer! These read me instructions, i’m not able! I prefer CW most simple.
By the way, i have uploaded my 53395 Sota QSO into lotw, never had probleme.
I was just curious about what is special with Sota2Adif.
73 from Gerald

1 Like

This appears to need a Python environment installing (in many Linux distributions it’s included but not in Windows). So once the Python environment is there, the program can be run.

Here’s a packaged installation of Python onto Windows (even a way from Windows Store).
4. Using Python on Windows — Python 3.12.2 documentation

There is a note that a possible future development may be a Windows executable - but for now, it’s Python code.

73 Ed.

2 Likes

Another approach for Windows is to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). This gives you a full Linux environment (with a choice of distros) fully integrated into Windows.

Martyn M1MAJ

1 Like

Hi everyone! Thanks for the interest in my little project.

https://github.com/G5JDA/SOTAtoADIF/tree/main

I’ve now released v1.0.0 which should behave as intended.
There is also an exe for windows users.

73

3 Likes

Hi again everyone,

Please see my new development, this project is now ported to web so you can use it directly in your browser.

Source code: https://github.com/G5JDA/SOTAtoADIF-Web

Hosted here: https://sotatoadif.g5jda.uk/

A quick disclaimer: this conversion was aided by AI coding assistants but the project remains relatively simple and I have manually reviewed the code for major errors and security issues.

Everything happens in your local browser (except summit locator lookup from the SOTA API), there is nothing to install, no account needed, no cookies, etc.

Hope this is useful! Please report any issues on GitHub.

73