New SOTAtoADIF tool for ARRL LOTW

Hi SOTA friends :wave:t2: I just wanted to share with activators this fantastic new SOTA tool I’ve found on GitHub today. It’s called SOTAtoADIF by Jack G5JDA.

Unlike every SOTA-ADIF tool I have seen before, this script will generate a bulk ADIF suitable for uploading to ARRL LOTW without the need to manually create a ‘station’ for each summit in LOTW TQSL. That requirement has always put me off doing any LOTW entries for SOTA activations. Within ten minutes I was able to upload thousands of QSOs from years of SOTA in one go to LOTW. Awesome! :sunglasses:

It’s still in ‘alpha’ status and looks like Jack has some more ideas and refinements to make, but it’s still worth checking it out:

11 Likes

Hello,
Is it for linux only?
Gerald

The read.me file (see the GITHUB link) has instructions for use on Windows.

2 Likes

@M1HAX

Thanks for posting this Richard. Like you I have been hunting around for suitable software to do the task but most have not been user friendly. I’ll be investigating this one.

73 Allan

1 Like

Hey Allan. I had to study the readme a bit but once I was ready it was pretty straightforward and I was done in about 20 minutes. Time well invested I felt! Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

HI,
Thanks for answer! These read me instructions, i’m not able! I prefer CW most simple.
By the way, i have uploaded my 53395 Sota QSO into lotw, never had probleme.
I was just curious about what is special with Sota2Adif.
73 from Gerald

1 Like

This appears to need a Python environment installing (in many Linux distributions it’s included but not in Windows). So once the Python environment is there, the program can be run.

Here’s a packaged installation of Python onto Windows (even a way from Windows Store).
4. Using Python on Windows — Python 3.12.2 documentation

There is a note that a possible future development may be a Windows executable - but for now, it’s Python code.

73 Ed.

2 Likes

Another approach for Windows is to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux). This gives you a full Linux environment (with a choice of distros) fully integrated into Windows.

Martyn M1MAJ

1 Like

Hi everyone! Thanks for the interest in my little project.

https://github.com/G5JDA/SOTAtoADIF/tree/main

I’ve now released v1.0.0 which should behave as intended.
There is also an exe for windows users.

3 Likes