New QSL Card to Celebrate 100 Activations of G/SP-004 and 10K S2S

To celebrate getting 10k S2S points and 100 activations of G/SP-004 (Saturday) I have created a new QSL Card.

I am a bit new to QSL cards. I got an email from the RSGB asking me to send them some SAEs. Not realising different people, deal with different call signs, I was a bit surprised that I only got cards for my old call sign. This has now been sorted. So apologies if you have sent me one, and not got one back. I am on it!

I will use the RSGB for EU/World, but happy to go direct in the UK. Just DM me.

Thanks to everyone that has worked me!
73 Martin

11 Likes

That’s a nice design Martin. I especially like your photo of the hill from near the start of the ascent.

Only 100 activations of G/SP-004? I assumed it was a lot more than that! :wink:

3 Likes

Nice Martin. Have you considered a “go fund me” campaign to raise the money for a permanent bench up there? You might as well be comfortable. :wink:

8 Likes

I think Tom @M1EYP on G/SP-015 would qualify for that. Although it has been said that the erosion caused by his regular visits has started to take hight off the summit. I think it will need to be re-evaluated soon. It may have to be demoted.:slight_smile:

Martin

5 Likes

That’s not funny Martin. I’m still banned from HEMA…

3 Likes

Sorry Tom, i didn’t know!

Martin

1 Like

Yeah HEMA was originally set up by Mike @G4BLH who has been a friend in SOTA for many years. I did many of the early HEMA activations - Shutlingsloe, Mow Cop, The Roaches etc. But when the current manager took over the scheme he blocked me from the Facebook group and deleted all my activator and chaser logs, without giving a reason - just for the “crime” of being SOTA MT I think. Jimmy M0HGY was also blocked and banned for nothing more awful than simply being my son! It would be nice to have access back to that programme as there’s plenty around here to explore - plus it would be a reason to revisit Raw Head G/SP-016 - a SOTA favourite of yesteryear, but demoted from Marilyn to Submarilyn status on a RHB survey.

Don’t worry about The Cloud though - I know exactly where on that ascent path the AZ begins, and there’s far more earth and rock above it than even I could trample down in my remaining lifetime!

2 Likes

Is HEMA still a thing? Not heard any HEMAoids on for years.

1 Like

I’ll find out next week. I recently discovered there’s an un-activated one very near my house. I suspect it will be popular with the Trig collectors too.

2 Likes

7.160 LSB Fraser for the WABers

3 Likes

Shining Tor has a prominence of 235.7m. That’s a lot of wearing away to get it to 149m!

3 Likes

Nice card Martin, who are you using to print them? I really need to get around to having some printed myself, especially as Nic designed me a couple last year…

73, Simon

Simon

I have direct messaged you.

Martin

1 Like