New iOS app for FT8/FT4

Hi all,

Just seen on the digest for QRP Labs in groups.io.

//
New iOS app for FT8/FT4
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:45:57 UTC

Hi everyone,

In case you haven’t seen it yet, there is a new iOS app on the app store for FT8/FT4 called iFTx
The app seems to be in an early stage, costs 2$ and comes with a logging function and works with my QMX (VOX turned on) running firmware 0.6. I’m using an iPhone 14 with a lightning ↔ USB adapter and after that an USB-A ↔ USB-C cable…

73!
Simon
//

For those who are interested :wink:

73, Eric
F5JKK

8 Likes

Merci pour l’info Eric …

1 Like

If you want to use this app with a lightning cable directly connected from a Iphone/Ipad to the QMX, the App is working very well on QMX with Firmware version 0.6 but not upper. I assume that is not due to the software but to the QMX firmware … The software is very friendly. Good job from HB9ZHK.
VY 73 Nico

Hello,

Good news, the last QMX update 017 works very well with FT8/FT4 with a lightning cable. Thank you Hans !!
VY 73 Nico

1 Like

Just tried it and had my first FT8 QSO using the iFTx app on my iPhone and my KX2. I particularly like the log section which allows for easy export.

Three cables required:

• Lightning Cable (or USB-C for newer models) cable to 3.5mm TRRS female
  • 3.5mm TRRS male - 3.5mm TRRS male extension cable
    (allowing for some distance between the rig and the phone)
  • TRRS female splitter into TRS male x2 (Phones & Mic)

One quirk is that the male Mic connector goes into the Phones socket on the KX2 and the Phone male connector goes into the Mic socket on the KX2.

I had to change some settings in the KX2 menu, but the YT Video from KD7DTS was very helpful.

A minimal setup for FT8/FT4 for SOTA or any portable operation.

7 Likes

Hello everyone,

(Had hip surgery a week ago, everything is fine, I’m recovering.
I can’t do radio because it’s cold in the shack, but I can browse the WEB.)

Since yesterday you will be able to find the latest update of the iFTx application (iOS)

73, Eric
F5JKK

5 Likes

Sorry for your health problems, hope you will be able to climb to new summits soon !! Thank you for the info.

PS : je ne sais pas ce queue tu as comme poste. Si tu es ICOM tu peux tester WFV et trafiquer de ton canapé !!! VY 73 Nico

1 Like