Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

New Intruder on 14062 +/-

Dear John, are you absolutely sure of your statement? I think the STANAG protocol is more of a NATO technology when it comes to military applications.
Vlad
RX9WT

Not at all! Thanks for the link. It is, however, consistent with both VK & EU beam headings. Do you copy these intruders at your QTH? If so, at what heading?
DSW
John

2 Likes

Dear John, thanks for the info. On the day when I had QSO with ZL1TM from the summit, I heard this interference with the S9 level in the South Urals. Since I had an OMNI antenna, I could not determine the direction, of course. I would like to share some more information. I am professionally engaged in radio communication. And I have repeatedly met with Russian civil organizations HF radio communication systems using STANAG modems. There are especially many of these in the North and East of Russia. But I never met such equipment in Russian military. It seems to me that in this case someone is simply using this equipment without the necessary licenses, privately. This is definitely a serious violation! And it requires an investigation…
73!
Vlad

4 Likes

Fortunately for SOTA, the 14062 one has gone elsewhere. That still leaves 14098, causing QRM to the NCDXF beacons, which I use a lot :frowning:

I’m going to see if I can get the German Federal Monitoring Station to pinpoint it. They have shown good cooperation with Intruder Watch in the past.

DSW
John

1 Like

… currently the intruder is not audible here in DL. But after a quick search with some Kiwi-SDRs (http://rx.linkfanel.net/) found the signal in an area of BY, BV, VR, HL, JA, DU.
NIL in UA9/0 and VU, though.

It’s not in the IARU R1 newsletters for March and April 2021.

73, gl, Roman

Hi! I can’t hear this QRM on the new frequency. I will listen again. My "home"antennas are switched in azimuth.
Vlad

Now this qrm is at the specified frequency! Direction - east. Level - weak, QSB.
Vlad

They’re back! We’ve enjoyed a few weeks free of the data signals on 14062 & 14098, but they are back with a vengeance this morning.

1 Like