It seems as though Virgil K5OOR is interested in designing a new version of the Packer Amp and is asking for comments as he enters the design phase. I would think that the SOTA community would be able to provide a wealth of practical suggestions, and now is your chance to be heard! You can make comments and show your interest on the groups,io thread here: https://groups.io/g/hfprojects/topic/70960422
These are some of the goals he’s listed so far:
- Make design changes to not require the DC/DC Converter but maintain a nominal 35W output.
- The amp will cover 160-10M with resident filter circuits.
- Slashing or Reducing cost with design changes and labor saving improvements (to be announced).
- Adding in some features developed in the miniHFPA design providing improved performance
- Offer a wide range of sales prices:a “bare bones” option as well as a fully assembled and tested version.