New GM/SS Marilyn

Just announced this morning, a new Marilyn has been found in the GM/SS region near to Berwick-Upon-Tweed. Lamberton Hill is a 217m summit with a drop of 150.5m. I’ll get this added to the association over the coming weeks.

Further info: http://www.rhb.org.uk/reports/sco20130607.pdf

Andy, MM0FMF
Scottish AM.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Andy, many thanks for providing the excuse to cross the border the next time we stay up in Northumberland - looks like a good opportunity to combine it with some more Northumbrian HuMPs.

Another cross-country trek is on the cards for Jack COX as he will no longer have activated all the GM/SS summits south of the central belt. :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

I hadn’t thought of that! I’ve still got shedloads of odd’n’sods to do down there. Some are just the kind of hill you tick off a list and forget. Others look rather shapely like Rubers Law.

Anyway Jack’s got a proper wee DXpedition to RRS planned for the next few weeks. (RRS = Really Remote Scotland).

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Lamberton hill is a popular spot for locals for contests. I have worked it a couple of times S2S.
Jim G0CQK

In reply to MM0FMF:

Anyway Jack’s got a proper wee DXpedition

Looks like he’s doing it now. Ben Aden (Beinn an Aodiann) WS-122.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’ve still got shedloads of odd’n’sods to do down there. Some are just the kind of hill you tick off a list and forget. Others look rather shapely like Rubers Law.

Aye well there’s some decent hills with some pleasant walking. Hownam and Rubers certainly get my thumbs up. Not much of a drive for you either, you lucky blighter! :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

P.S. Lamberton Hill - had a look at the summit and thought “darn it, it’s on private land”… then I remembered that it lies in Sensibleland. :slight_smile:

In reply to MM0FMF:
And hot on the heels of this one in GM/SS is yet another new Marilyn in Wales viz. Mynydd Anelog on the Lleyn Peninsula, surveyed on 12th July and found to have 151.0m prominence.
73 Jim G0CQK

In reply to G0CQK:

Looks like an outing is required.

In reply to G0CQK:
Mynydd Anelog on the Lleyn Peninsula.

Bother. Just come back from a few days down in that area. Nice coastal breezes too. AM or SSB only from this new one - none of these digital modes, HI.

Regards, Dave, G6DTN

I will go and put PSK31 and CW on from it Dave.

Tom MV1EYP

In reply to G0CQK:
I activated this hill twice last year for the Humps programme -
I intend to activate this again on Saturday for Sota. Will it be GW/NW-077?

Barry
MW0IML

In reply to G0CQK:
When does it actually become valid for SOTA?
Rod

Refer these enquiries to the GW AM Roger MW0IDX. Note that it won’t be valid for SOTA until Roger issues an update of the GW Association Reference Manual with it in. And yes, I expect it will be GW/NW-077, but you’ll have to wait to learn the ‘Valid from’ date.

Tom MV1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Tom MV1EYP

Its Anelog so no digital allowed!

Brian GV8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to M1EYP:

Tom MV1EYP

Its Anelog so no digital allowed!

I don’t suppose anyone would mynydd…

Adrian
G4AZS

In reply to G8ADD:
Spelling Brian! Shouldn’t it be Dwgytyll
Jim

In reply to G0CQK:

Oops! And me with welsh blood!

I like the location of this one, a nice area! I bet on its first day you won’t be able to move without tripping over activators and garrotting yourself on wires!

Brian GV8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to G0CQK:

Oops! And me with welsh blood!

I like the location of this one, a nice area! I bet on its first day
you won’t be able to move without tripping over activators and
garrotting yourself on wires!

Brian GV8ADD

Lol… I was trying to think of the apt thing to say, but it’s just “lol, lol LOL!!!”

LOL!

R

In reply to G8ADD:

… you won’t be able to move without tripping over activators…

Risking a few verbal missiles… I think Roger should take the honours on this one and Andy the honours on Lamberton in appreciation of their efforts as Association Managers.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:
Difficult to argue with that Gerald. But I’ve found a way!

Roger and Andy already have lots of first activations to their names. I can think of lots of prominent activators who are newer to sota that probably don’t have any.

Discuss.

Tom M1EYP