NASOTA weekend midwest meetup Sept 8 & 9

Hi all,

Over on the NASOTA .io group, a few of us have put together plans for an informal midwestern meetup for the NASOTA weekend, this September 8 & 9. The plan is to invade the Keweenaw Peninsula in the UP of Michigan. Home base will be Ft. Wilkins State Park. Nearby are:

1. A number of hills likely within 2m HT distance of each other. There are drive ups, short hikes, and several never activated ones which will require some adventure to summit.

2. Brickside brewery (Google Maps). .75mi from the western side of the park

3. The home of James Newell Osterberg aka Iggy Pop. (Copper Harbor)

It is likely to be very beautiful – my last visit there on the first weekend of September, trees were already changing color. It’s also typically a popular time to visit the area, so campsites will fill up fast.

Reservations can be made here:

https://www.midnrreservations.com/FORTWILKINSHISTORICSTATEPARK

Looking forward to meeting anyone who can make it up!

Joe

2 Likes

Joe,

I have a friend who has a cabin (primitive) 6 miles SW of Sidnaw. I can enquire whether you may use it if you are interested? He encourages its free usage. (It’s for sale and if it’s not sold by then.) He lives in Chicago…

Craig
VA4SR

1 Like

That’s a fantastic offer Craig! I have my camping reserved up in the state park, but someone else might be interested. I’ll contact you off-list to discuss further.

73 (and welcome to SOTA! Beware: it’s addictive!)

Joe

…that’s fine Joe…you never know…if I can help you with this let me know.

Craig

1 Like