NARSA (Blackpool) Rally 2022

UK-wise, one of the most popular rallies that I know that enthusiats of several groups attend is the NARSA one at Blackpool. I had an email last night to say that the organisers had been asked to move the date to the later one of 1st May for next year. I thought it may be useful for others to know this.

This actually makes it a little awkward for me as I celebrate a significant birthday the day before, but here’s hoping it can go ahead!

73, Dave, G4IAR

5 Likes

Thanks for the advance notice of different date for NARSA next year. As for the significant birthday, I’d have never guessed you would be 80 next year. :wink:

1 Like

I’m wearing well!

2 Likes

It may be worth bearing in mind that this is a bank holiday weekend. Book your accomodation early to avoid the disappointment of actually having to stay at the Norbreck!

5 Likes

Once you pass 70, every birthday is significant! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve just received an email from the organisers,the date has changed to 24th April, which is excellent news for me!

2 Likes

Thanks Dave that has to be better than a bank holiday weekend :slight_smile:

Really hoping to be fit to attend!

73 Paul G4MD

Gets me out of a hole with a date confilct!

1 Like

That’s very good advice Dave, my dad Tom @M1EYP ended up staying at Norbreck Castle Hotel the night before the rally back in 2018. He said that this place was absolutely awful to stay and where the rally was itself was very run down compared to previous years. I do remember hearing talks of this rally being moved to a different venue as a result, but surprisingly despite this and really unsure of the reason why, this rally remains at Norbreck. Hopefully after the rally there this year, NARSA will see sense and move this rally to a different venue from next year onwards.

Jimmy M0HGY

3 Likes

At least the sticky carpets are largely concealed by the litter.

4 Likes

You need somewhere big enough. Having found that you need somewhere cheap enough. That narrows down the search to places like Norbreck Castle.

2 Likes

The organisers do a fantastic job to put the rally on and should be congratulated for their efforts, The Norbreck has certainly seen better days but it probably fits the budget go somewhere else and costs go up then you have the spiral effect numbers go down then costs have go up again traders stop coming then no rally. I am happy just to wear gloves don’t use the toilets and wipe my feet on the way out.

4 Likes

Bumping this to the top.

There will be a SOTA stand at the Blackpool NARSA Rally tomorrow 24th April 2022.

3 Likes

I’ll be there at some point, and from what I’ve heard the place has had a bit of a makeover.

Not sticking to the dirty carpets will spoil the charm of the place!

Unfortunately after all this, I won’t be able to make it. Should have been there for the WAB AGM and to staff the stand. However, two of the main people also involved have gone down with Covid and I’m in recovery following a heart valve replacement, so we’ve had to cancel.

The carpets come a close second to Wetherspoons I reckoned on my last visit… maybe they gone for vinyl in the makeover! I won’t be there.

73 Phil

1 Like

I will be there. The sticky floor is a handy resistance exercise.

1 Like

I’m planning on visiting. Also hoping the green plastic bag is still in the ‘fountain’. It’s been in there years and I feel like we have a connection.

Any plans for a mutually agreed time for a photo or something similar?

1 Like

I forgot my camera :frowning: also forgot diabetic drugs and had to do a U-turn after 8 miles and go back to collect them.