N6IZ is the newest Goat in W6!

Congratulations to Brian, N6IZ. He recently became the newest Mountain Goat in California!

Brian has been around since the very early days of SOTA, and indeed was doing SOTA before it was even in existence in North America: NØB & N6IZ Gaining Altitude - Ham14er Event - YouTube

I’ve had the pleasure of joining Brian on a few trips. He was never in any big rush to get to Mountain Goat, but he earned every last bit of it.

Well done, Brian!

Rex KE6MT
W6 Association Manager

18 Likes

Congratulations Brian!
73, Jordan

1 Like

Yahoo! Nice work Brian… it was GREAT to meet you at the W7O campout. Thanks for many, many QSOs. :beers:

2 Likes

Congratulations Brian on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Congrats Brian!

1 Like

Congratulations Brian on achieving MG! And on your long-term SOTA mountaineering! Thanks for 11 QSOs; I hope for more.

Andy, N4LAG

2 Likes

Yesterday was the thirteenth anniversary of Brian’s first activation. I takes awhile to reach Goat in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he is Regional Manager, because 95% of peaks here are one (mostly) and two pointers. His practice is to take his bicycle up the toughest route to a peak. In 2012, we were going on a joint climb and I offered to drive him to the TH. Instead, he took his bike steeply up about 2000 vertical feet while I hiked up about 250 vertical feet. Either he is showing off or he is much younger than I am. Actually, everyone is much younger that I am. I think he confines his off-showing to his yacht club, because he knows mine is not as nice.

Elliott, K6EL

2 Likes

Congrats Brian. I remember the early days down at Pacificon (when it used to be in the south bay) and hanging out with you guys. Gota picture somewheres around here with all the W6 gang in attendance at the time…You, Elliiott, Steve - the ole goat himself, myself, and a couple of others…We all look a bunch younger too! :wink: Look forward to working you on your 2nd round of goatdom as well…

73, Todd KH2TJ

2 Likes

This one, Todd??

Left to right, actual Sota goat’s ass; Elliott, K6EL; Gigi, KW6Y; Adrian, N6ZA (AM of W6); Steve, WGØAT; Skip, K6DGW; Todd, KH2TJ; Brian, N6IZ

5 Likes

Congrats Brian and thanks for all the SOTA contacts.

Gary A. - W0MNA

1 Like

Yes Sir!

Thanks for moving me on 20M yesterday. Didn’t know you owned a Mic! :wink:

2 Likes

Congrats, Brian, and keep on going!
John, K6YK

2 Likes

El, I was there one of those days at Pacificon but missed that group
picture, darn it !
K6yK

2 Likes

Congrats, Brian!

Ken & Kay, KE7BGM

2 Likes

Congratulations Brian!

2 Likes

Congrats Brian!

Eric, AD6VT

1 Like

Yeah! Way to go Brian! It was cool to hang out with you at Pacificon last year! :sunglasses:

Congrats & 73,
Ron K6CPR

1 Like

I first met Brian/N6IZ in 2008 for the Colorado 14er event. Read the story of how Steve (N0TU at that time, now wG0AT), myself, sherpa goats Rooster and Peanut, and Brian made a 14er-to-14er qso, Colorado to California. See **N0B Colorado 14er Special Event: 2008 for the complete story.

The W7O Campout was the first time to meet Brian in person! Congrats on Goatdom Brian!

3 Likes

Way to go Brian!

1 Like

Thanks Guy - and thanks for setting up so much of SOTA. Makes all the back packing and hill climbing operations much more appealing. ALways adds an excuse to take a radio along.

1 Like