My most boring ascent

Hallo

In Germany, there is a saying among hikers and mountaineers: Der Weg ist das Ziel. (It’s about the journey, not the destination.)
For many ascents, I’ll sign that immediately. I am a friend of varied paths. I prefer winding singletrails over roots and stones, which at best also offer beautiful views at times.

Yesterday I probably had the most boring climb ever for me. About 2,5 km forest highway with an approximately continuous slope of about 15%. Rarely times a view in country. The last meters of altitude were then at least unpaved. - ok: above it is nice, but you have no view.

I hereby declare the Bühlerstein DM/BW-857 the most boring SOTA ascent for me.

Which one is yours?

73 Armin

4 Likes

This is about a boring descent. Using the ways to / from DM/TH-844 in inverse order it had been a boring ascent.

73 Ludwig

3 Likes

. . . unless you meet the mentioned capercailles? :wink:

3 Likes

Hello Armin.

The Bühlerstein DM/BW-857 has its own charm :slight_smile:

For me the most boring summit I have climbed so far in DM/BW is the Blankenhalde DM/BW-853. It is a real drive-in and can be reached in a few minutes without any effort.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

When I started reading this thread I was thinking about my personal lowlight and even without reading @DM3FAM’s post I came to the same conclusion: DM/BW-853 can be reached by just walking a couple of metres across a lawn and doesn’t offer any panoramic view.
However, if DM/BW-042 would still be active, I had chosen it because the access is on a boring dirt road and the activator has to sit in the middle of a forest without any view :wink:

73, Roman

2 Likes

Here in Poland’s Beskidy (SP/BZ-xxx) there are plenty of trails which lead through the dence woodland and even the summit does not provide views. However, I find that in winter, when there is plenty of snow these are the most magical walks.

5 Likes

Hey Marek

Walking through a winter wonderland is never boring…

73 Armin

2 Likes

Dear all

Hochstollen, HB/OW-009, was boring for me since you follow a ski lift for about 45-60 minutes. But don’t get wrong about this starter: the view from the summit after a second hour of ascent is stunning! Or in the language of Asterix & Obelix: “Per aspera ad astra”.

View to Melchsee–Frutt.

Views to the west with Lake Brienzersee (HB/BE and HB/OW).

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

1 Like

So only half boring? :wink:

And over 180° your antenna is many, many Lambda over the ground.

73 Ludwig

1 Like