My first sota cw qsos

Yesterday, after having activated the summit Mt Pilastro I/LO-178 in 20mt ssb, me and my Dog Zac returned to the car. In a parking nearby I saw another summit Sasso Defendente I/LO-242 easy to reach, only few minutes by car.
I decided to climb up for another activation, in about 15 minute we arrived up.
Very nice landscape!

After I managed some qso in ssb 20mt I won the shyness and I pulled my morse key J-38 from rucksuck.
I’ve been training for some months with software and with my friend Martino IU2IJW.I started to calling cq sota on 30mt and I sent selfspot on sotawatch

In a short time I heared some station call, I was totally condused!! meanwhile I realized that Morse key’s screws and bolts loosen during climb up.
I managed 4 qsos: EA2IF EA2DT ON4FI SP9AMH. I apologize for my cw not so good to listen. I hope to improve quicky

Many thanks at all chaser!

73 de Roberto IW2OBX

20 Likes

Congratulations on your 1st CW QSOs and your pictures are fantastic.

1 Like

Great job, Roberto, and keep on with CW!

1 Like

Congratulations on your CW QSO’s

Roland K7FOP

1 Like

Congratulations for the start! I was waiting for my turn! Keep going!!!
73, Christos.

1 Like

Well done Roberto! Ti ho ascoltato, facevo il tifo per te, ma ho preferito non farti perdere tempo.
See you on the next summit!!!

1 Like

Well done! I know what courage it takes to actually start!
Look forward to a S2S contact in CW!

73, Sylvia
OE5YYN

1 Like

Ciao Roberto e grazie per il QSO.
It’s a honour and a great pleasure for me to be your 1st CW SOTA chaser.
I quickly noticed you were a very new (fledgling) operator but I had no idea that it was your very first CW QSO from a SOTA.
Well done and I’ll be looking forward to chasing you again soon.
73 e buonna fortuna,

Guru

P.D. and thank you very much for the report with such beautiful pictures. I can’t wait to see your next report.

1 Like

Well done! CW is, like SOTA, addcitive.
You would love it!

Vy 73 de Pedro, CT1DBS

2 Likes

Congratulations !

de Ivica - 9a6cw

1 Like

Hi Roberto,
Congratulations for step up your operation skill learnt CW!!
Unfortunately I lost you because we was on the way climbing to activate EA2/NV-177, where, after half an hour of operation my battery went dead, no chance at all… I wish chase you next time soon.
73s
Jorge
EA2LU

1 Like

Yes those screws move around and cause problems without being in a secure container. I took a key up to try one time and ALL the knobs and screws had come out from too much jostling around. I keep it packed in foam now and don’t have the same trouble. Good work!

1 Like

Roberto,

Keep it up buddy, Its all good!!

1 Like

Many thanks for your replies!
You were very kind answering me in qrs!!

@SV2OXS Crhistos forgive me, I hope to contact in next activation!
@EA2IF yes, the contact with you it was my first qso cw over 3km.

See you next time!

1 Like

Good work and fine pics :wink:

Daniel

1 Like