MW0WML-Double Mountain Goat

Whilst giving chasers and activators some valuable points over the last few weeks from Europe, Gerald MW0WML has quietly passed the 2000 activator points mark.

Congratulations on Double MG Gerald

73 Allan GW4VPX

6 Likes

Well done Gerald pleased to have worked you on a few of your European tour summits. 73 Don.G0RQL.

1 Like

Congratulations on your achievement and thanks for the activations very much appreciated here.

73 Don GW0PLP Aberporth.

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

Congrats.
Was nice to have several contacts with you on the way to 2*MG.

73’s
Peter & Sylvia

2 Likes

Congratulations Gerald. It hardly seems any time since your first 1000. Not far to go for the 2,500-point certificate next then!

1 Like

Well done Gerald. I am feeling breathless just looking at your log. First it was the 3 Peaks just as a warm-up then over in Europe you got into your stride. As I see it, from 28 August it was 96 points in 8 days (remember he is activating and not chasing!!) and he has only got 120 odd to go to become top in GW and then …?? I see your headlinghts in my mirror, Gerald, please give me a wave as you go past!
I’m sorry we won’t meet up in December at the Druid - I bet your weather will be warmer!
73 Viki M6BWA

1 Like

Well done, Gerald.
Your rapid progress towards 2000 passed me by as I normally look at the G page; the system does not allow All-G as the default page.
Unfortunately conditions have not given me much chance to chase you on this expedition; at best an occasional word audible between the chasers. A pity as I have far too few ten pointers in my chaser log :slight_smile:
I hope you are both having a good time and wish you the very best on your travels.
Rod

1 Like

Many congratulations on the 2000 Gerald - an excellent achievement which I still aspire to. All the best for the next 1000.

73, Gerald G4OIG

1 Like

Ahhh thanks Allan for starting this thread and for being a great companion on the hills and across the airwaves.

Big thank you to all the chasers out there who make it such fun playing radio on the hill tops.

The SOTA list continues to take me to lots of interesting places which I am grateful for.

The current trip has included activations in G, ON, FL, DM, HB0, HB, OE and DL.

Along the way to 2×MG I’ve met lots of helpful, nice people, some in person and others just over the air. I won’t name everyone as I’ll probably miss someone important out. Just say “Thanks all”. But I will single out my wife Sue who so often accompanies me and helps me set up and take down the gear.

Still another 3 weeks on this trip so I’ll be doing some more activations alongside our other holiday goals.

There is a far east, Aus and NZ trip to come later in the year.

G4TJC Simon if you could sort out some of Argentina before January I might get a go there :slight_smile:

73 and here’s to the next 1000.
Gerald
MW0WML/P

1 Like

We do have Uruguay which is “just across the border”.

1 Like

Congratulations Gerald, quite an achievement, hope to hear you on the bands again soon.
Roger MW0IDX

1 Like

Nice one Gerald!!

73, Alastair, M0TYM

1 Like