MW0BBU - CW 10k chaser points

Congratulations to Steve MW0BBU for gaining 10,000 chaser points using only CW.

I believe Steve is the first Welshman to do this. Da iawn ti :slight_smile:

73 de Allan GW4VPX

Congratulations Steve!

Thanks for all the contacts along the way.

Vy 73,
Colin

Congratulations, Steve, and thank you for our qsos!

73 de Mikel EA2CW

–. .-…

Llongyfarchiadau …

Rob
G0PEB

Well done Steve on the 10k single mode 8)
If you are the first Welshman perhaps a special endorsement!?
Best wishes
Mike

Congratulations Steve, always a pleasure to work you & nice to hear you in the pile-ups.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments, it’s been and still is great fun taking part in SOTA… Thanks to the many activators for the points.

Steve MW0BBU.

diolch am y sylwadau a diolch i’r holl ddynion mynydd.

=0)

Congratulations on the 10K bud.

Bill MW0BYS

In reply to MW0BBU:
Steve,

Congratulations and thanks for the QSO yesterday. The next time I’m in Pembrokeshire, let’s raise a glass.

Mike
DL/AD5A

In reply to AD5A:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comment and the QSO,hopefully catch you next time you are local…

Steve.

In reply to MW0BBU:
Hi Steve

I think you will find Mike GW0DSP was the first Welshman to make 10k points on CW. Nevertheless it’s a great achievement.

73 Graham G3OHC

He was Graham. But the initial post on this thread does specify “First … using ONLY CW” - and Steve is certainly the first Welshman to do that.

Quite whether getting there on ONLY CW should be celebrated as something distinguished from someone who already achieved 10K points on CW some years ago, but who also scored lots of points on other modes as well, is open to discussion.

I can quite understand why partipants might challenge themselves by limiting themselves to All CW, 100% unique etc, but I don’t personally feel that self-imposed limitation enhances the achievement in any way.

Anyway congrats Steve. Perhaps for your next challenge in SOTA, learn how to use the microphone :wink:

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the comment… and as you know CW really isn’t a limitation, it’s an advantage… =0).
I do use a Mic and have helped many on the hills with QSO’s it’s I just don’t log them, my chasing all started by using QRP CW to avoid EMC issues and it seemed a shame to spoil a good run.

All the best,
Steve.

In reply to G3OHC:

“I think you will find Mike GW0DSP was the first Welshman to make 10k points on CW.”

I know Mike was… My target was different and done.

Cheers and all the best,
Steve.