Multiple unintended spots from phone

Today I spotted a new ham on his first activation at W7O/CE-009. I have a newer iPhone-Verizon and typically use SOTAGOAT. Never had any issues when cell/data service is available.

For some reason today SOTAGOAT wasn’t working so I pulled up SOTAWatch3 on the Safari browser and spotted form there. Wow, what a surprise… for some reason the thing went nuts and sent out like 30 dup spots. Sorry if this confused/bugged anyone, but I had no idea what was happening.

Not sure what caused the problem. Curious if anyone else had this happen…

Ron
W6PZA

Hi Ron. That’s interesting, I have SOTAgoat running here with Peanut bleating when a notification comes in and this morning he did one big long BAAAAAAAAAAAH for several seconds. I wonder now if it was your rogue dups. Not a problem at all, I thought it hilarious at the time.

I wonder if your issue with SOTAgoat was the timeout issue. SOTAwatch apparently needs a session renewed after a period of time, SOTAgoat doesn’t do this automatically so eventually you cannot spot with it. The fix for now is to go into settings and log out then back in again. Then it works again. Some IT guru will probably explain that better but logging out and back it will probably fix your problem with SOTAgoat. Catch you on the bands.

Cheers John ZL1BYZ.

for some reason the thing went nuts and sent out like 30 dup spots. Sorry if this confused/bugged anyone, but I had no idea what was happening.

Hi Ron,
I’ve had the same thing happen with SOTAwatch/3. I’ve entered in a self spot, hit ok & then nothing happens!!! I repeat it with the same result & then found later that I’ve spotted myself about 3 or 4 times. It’s either that or no spot at all??
I just put it down to operator error.
Rick
ZL3RIK