Multiple Site Activation - Angeles National Forest

I’m planning to activate 6 or 7 peaks over Labor Day weekend (30th/31st August) in Angeles National Forest, CA. Please check Alerts for approximate activation times. I’ll typically open on 40m around 7.285MHz, before moving to 20m favoring 14.33MHz. If time and propagation allows I might also try 15, 10m and 2m.

1 Like

Sounds like a big weekend. I don’t know if I will be available for Saturday ( I’ll carry my HT just in case) but if you will be on 2 meter FM (146.520) I will go to a location where I know I can get Baden-Powell and Strawberry on Sunday. Hope to get you in the log this weekend.
Jeff K6QCB

If you activate using 40 SSB on the west coast of the US less than two hours after sunrise, it is very important to stay below 7.200, where the foreign broadcasters are not allowed. They are 70 db over S-9 during much of that time.

Elliott, K6EL

I’ll be activating on 40m later in the day, so broadcast stations should not be an issue. If I do hear them on the band I’ll focus activity on 7.185MHz. Thanks for the feedback and hope to work you.

I’ll have a HT with me so I’ll try and get out on 2m as well. Hope to work you.

Three out of four peaks for Day 1. Really appreciate the great chasing. Looking forward to working you on one or both peaks today.