Multi-day activation, how to pack your equipment efficiently

@EA2IF Guru, your suggestion has already been taken into account.

Wine does not travel well so it was discounted. I follow family tradition to make home made cherry vodka, so we will have some :slight_smile: The only problem is quantity, this bottle looks rather small :wink:

2 Likes

The type of container I suggested was thinking on a minimalist weight package and assuming your xyl would be the only consumer, but in case you don’t have too many problems with weight and your xyl won’t be the only consumer, perhaps you could use this of one gallon:
A good sleep will be guaranteed. Hangover the following morning too.
Cheers,

Guru

2 Likes

Hi All

After some search on the internet and Amazon I have found that several Nintendo pouches can be utilized for such purpose. I went for UGreen mark for my mcHF and after cutting out a bit foam it fits nicely. I recon that KX3 and KX2 users will find this bag suitable. Anyway here is before and after photo. My EFHW and 49:1 transformer will go into seperate SOTABeam bag with SOTA flag.

3 Likes

Hi Marek,

I have never hiked for a few days, but if I was going, I would take a max large backpack (better to have free space than no one) and minimum equipment. Mini DX wire mast is 1.5 kg, the antenna also always weighs a little - instead, the telescopic antenna as in the picture below - this is one of my activations in Tirol in 2018.

You will not be booming but you can add what you do not do on 2m FM to complete activation :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Thanks for your report and advice.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like