Mt. San Martín EA2/NV-151 by EA2IF/P on 27/04/2019

After having been off activating for the last few weeks, due to some health issues, I’ve finally gathered some strength and selfconfidence to try an easy one of 1 point, which is in fact a drive up summit.
>Después de haber estado sin activar durante las últimas pocas semanas, debido a algunos problemas de salud, he reunido finalmente algo de fuerza y autoconfianza para intentar una fácil de 1 punto, que es de hecho una cima a la que se puede subir en coche.

I set up my 21m long endfed wire as an inverted vee with the apex at about 7m a.g.l. and the usual counterpoise wire of about 6m long conveniently elevated about 1.2m a.g.l.
>Instalé mi cable de 21m de largo alimentado en el extremo como una V invertida con el vértice a unos 7m sobre el suelo y el cable habitual de contraantena de unos 6m de largo debidamente elevado unos 1.2 m sobre el suelo.

The temperature was 12 degrees C and the sky was very cloudy with a not too strong but steady cool brease coming from the North. Just some little cracks broke in the clouds ceiling from time to time, letting a nice sunshine pass through to me for a short while.
>La temperatura era de 12 grados C y el cielo estaba muy nublado con una no demasiado fuerte pero firme brisa fresca proveniente del Norte. Solo algunas aperturas se producían de cuando en cuando en el techo de nubes, dejando pasar un agradable sol hasta mi por un breve momento.

The activation started with an alert which I just raised a couple of minutes before starting to CQ and it went like this:

• 20m CW produced 13 QSOs in 23 minutes, 2 of which were DX, one with USA, one with Canada and 1 S2S with Juerg DL/HB9BIN/P.

• 20m SSB produced 9 QSOs in 12 minutes, one of which was S2S with Karl OE5JKL/P. A nice surprise was the call of Mr. moderator of this Reflector, Brian G8ADD and the Associations manager Rob G0HRT. Cheers!

• 30m CW produced only 4 QSOs in 7 minutes. I guess it was due to being near lunch time.

• 40m CW produced 9 QSOs in 10 minutes, one of which was a very special S2S with Iñaki EB2GKK/P. It was him who responded to my CQ call and I was delighted with the nice surprise for being this our very first CW QSO. I was very much impressed with the great CW Iñaki is doing at this early stage of his CW activating career. It looks like you’ve got very good trainers and you’ve done very well your homework before getting out on the air. Congratulations. Bravo Iñaki !!! :clap: :clap:

• 60m CW produced only 2 QSOs in 2 minutes, but I spent about 15 minutes CQing on the band without any more response.

• 20m CW final pass produced 8 QSOs in 9 minutes.

>La activación empezó con una alerta que puse justo un par de minutos antes de empezar a llamar CQ y fue así:

• 20m CW produjo 13 QSOs en 23 minutos, 2 de los cuales fueron DX, uno con EE.UU., otro con Canada y 1 SaS con Juerg DL/HB9BIN/P.

• 20m SSB produjo 9 QSOs en 12 minutos, uno de los cuales fue SaS con Karl OE5JKL/P. Una bonita sorpresa fue la llamada del Sr. moderador de este Reflector, Brian G8ADD y del gestor de Asociaciones Rob G0HRT. Saludos!

• 30m CW produjo solo 4 QSOs en 7 minutos. Supongo que fue por estar cerca de la hora de la comida.

• 40m CW produjo 9 QSOs en 10 minutos, uno de los cuales fue un SaS muy especial con Iñaki EB2GKK/P. Fue él quien respondió a mi llamada CQ y quedé encantado con la bonita sorpresa por ser este nuestro mismísimo primer QSO en CW. Me quedé muy impresionado con el fantástico CW que Iñaki estaba haciendo en este momento tan incipiente de su carrera como activador CW. Parece que tuviste muy buenos profesores y has hecho muy bien tus deberes antes de salir al aire. Enhorabuena. Bravo Iñaki !!! :clap: :clap:

• 60m CW produjo solo 2 QSOs en 2 minutos, pero estuve unos 15 minutos llamando CQ en la banda sin ninguna otra respuesta.

• 20m CW en un pase final produjo 8 QSOs en 9 minutos.

All in all 45 QSOs in the log:
>En total 45 QSOs en el log:

imagen

This is the S2S log:
>Este es el log SaS:
imagen

After nearly 2 hours in the wind and not being too strong yet physically, I ended the activation tired and a bit cold, so I forgot taking a picture of the setup and the views form the summit. Sorry…
>Después de cerca de 2 horas en el viento y no estando todavía demasiado fuerte físicamente, terminé la activación cansado y un poco frío, así que olvidé tomar una foto de la instalación y las vistas desde la cima. Lo siento…

It’s been a pleasure being back on air again from a summit and I look forward to being able to do it again soon.
>Ha sido un placer estar de vuelta en el aire otra vez desde una cima y espero poder hacerlo de nuevo pronto.

Thanks for your calls and QSOs.
>Gracias por sus llamadas y QSOs.

Guru

2 Likes

Hi Guru,
I am happy for make this s2s, this time my fingers did not flow as well as I would like but I keep walking forward.
73 TU de EB2GKK

1 Like

Iñaki,
Honestly, I think your fingers were perfectly well commanded by your brain during our S2S QSO and your CW sounded just perfect. Congrats again!

Guru

Congratulations on your return Guru and I wish you a speedy recovery, and us both many S2S together in the future!

Mark. M0NOM

1 Like