Mt. San Cristobal EA2/NV-119 by EA2IF/P on 23/01/2016

The snow of last weekend has completely gone by today.
The ascent was full of Thaumetopoea pityocampa.

The name in Spanish is “procesionaria”. I don’t like them. They are very dangerous, and I even know of dogs killed by them.

The ascent went fine but I had some troubles with my dog Lucho and a couple other male dogs we met in the summit, as they wanted to demonstrate each other who was the Alfa.
After solving these 2 little problems, I put my dog Lucho tied to one of the wooden post close to my operating position and no more problems happened.
I started my activation on 10m CW and 4 local colleagues chased me, including Ignacio EA2BD/P from SOTA EA2/NV-073.
After 10m, I changed my mobile whip antenna and the linked wire radial setting in order to work on 20m.
I had been spotted by Jorge EA2LU so I had a good pile-up as soon as I called the first CQ.
This is the full log:

And this is the S2S of the day:

All in all 20 QSOs in the log and a S2S.

Thanks a lot and best 73 de Guru

1 Like

Hi Guru,

I did wonder when you called me later in the afternoon if you were still on summit, but as you were not signing EA2IF/P I assumed you were at home.

Thanks for the QSO when I was on G/SP-014 Longridge Fell.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

Hi Mark,
I was pleased with our QSO today. I had got home a few minutes earlier after my Saturdays morning activation.
You were my 2nd chase of the day from home. 1st one was Colin M1BUU, on CW as well.
HPE TO CUAGN SN. Hopefully tomorrow…
73 de Guru