Mt. Iguste EA2/NV-127 by EA2IF/P on 26/02/2017

We have got a beautiful sunny day with temperatures around 15 degrees and I decided to go out for a pleasant walk with our dog in the outside and activate an easy 2 pointer not far from my QTH.
Here you can see the Mt. Iguste location with respect to my QTH:

I left the road NA-7040 and drove the dirt road on the way marked by the red arrows on the image below, parked and then hiked the way marked by the green arrows.
The easy walk from the parking spot to the summit didn’t take more than 20 minutes.

I installed the 7m telescopic pole with its bottom end tied to a very young tree which was just coming out from the ground and was not taller than 30 cm. But it was robust enough to hold the bottom end of the pole in place. The higher part of the pole got tangled and securely hooked with the branches of another older and taller tree.
The wire of the endfed antenna got extended while sloping to the NorthEast with the counterpoise wire being extended parallel to ground, elevated about 60cm and with its end tied to a nearby tree.

I was going to start on 40m in order to give a chance to some of my friends living in EA4 and EA1, as I had learnt from Ignacio’s EA2BD previous activation, that there were not conditions on 30m for such distance. Unfortunately, I found the 40m band inmersed in contest activity, so I escaped to 30m feeiling sorry for my friends in EA4 and EA1.
The 30m band performed very well, as usual, giving me 23 QSOs, one of which was a S2S.
When there were not more chasers on 30m, I QSYed to 20m SSB. I selfspotted twice but I never got a chasers pile up, only 2 non regular SOTA chasers called me and I thank them very much for that. Later, at home, I realised that I never got a spot for 20m SSB. It’s possibly due to a lack of mobile phone signal at the summit. Honestly, I had so many difficulties to see the screen of my phone without my reading glasses and in the sunshine that I can’t say whether there was phone signal or not. I was almost unabe to see what I was typing on the touchscreen.
When I QSYed to 20m CW, the great RBNHole spotted me and I got a very good number of QSOs, including some DX from North America.
This is the full log of today’s,

And this is the S2S, which was the first contact of the day. I called him and he picked me up immediately. Thank you, Hans.

On the descent I stopped briefly to take a few pictures like this one:

I enjoyed very much and I want to say thank you, dear chasers, for your calls and QSOs.

I’ll be looking forward to copying you again soon from another summit.

Best 73,

Guru