Mt. Erreniega EA2/NV-092 by EA2IF/P on 15/09/2019

Improvised activation of Mt. Erreniega EA2/NV-092 today.
Drive-up, park by the road, past the parking lot near the trig point. Took all my SOTA stuff out of the trunck and carried it to the same field I used a few weeks ago right to the East of the VOR facility.
>Activación improvisada hoy del Mt. Erreniega EA2/NV-092.
Conducir hasta arriba, aparcar junto a la carretera pasado el aparcamiento cerca del vértice geodésico. Cogí todas mis cosas SOTA del portamaletas y las llevé hasta el mismo campo que usé hace pocas semanas justo al Este de la instalación VOR.

Quick installation of my 7m telescopic fishing rod by tieing it to a pine tree branch and holdind the base in place with the help of 3 stones I found there.
>Rápida instalación de mi caña de pescar telescópica de 7m atándola a la rama de un pino y manteniendo la base en su sitio con ayuda de 3 piedras que encontré allí.

Today’s antenna was a 10m long wire endfed as a sloper. This picture was taken near the end of the activation, when the sky got very cloudy and some few drops of rain started to fall:
>La antena hoy fue un cable de 10m de largo alimentado en el extremo como una sloper. Ésta foto fue tomada cerca del final de la activación, cuando el cielo se puso muy nublado y algunas pocas gotas de lluvia empezaron a caer:

This is a general view of the operating place. I sat by the trees in order to get some shade, as it was sunny when I started my activation. The trypode with the blue plastic tube was taken out of the car and placed there but it wasn’t used today, as I had plenty of branches to keep the counterpoise wire elevated from the ground:
>Ésta es una vista general del lugar de operación. Me senté junto a los árboles para tener algo de sombra, pues estaba soleado cuando empecé mi activación. El trípode con el tubo azul de plástico fue sacado del coche y colocado ahí pero no se usó hoy, pues tenía cantidad de ramas para mantener el cable de contraantena elevado del suelo:

This is the view to the North-East I had from the operating spot:
>Ésta es la vista hacia el Nordeste que tenía desde el punto de operación:

The operation started at 10h58utc and finished at 13h30utc. About 2 hours and a half spent like this:

• 20m CW: 24 QSOs in 41 minutes, 6 of which were S2S.

• 17m CW: 6 QSOs in 8 minutes.

• 15m CW: 3 QSOs in 8 minutes.

• 30m CW: 10 QSOs in 26 minutes, 3 of which were S2S.

• back to 20m CW: 9 QSOs in 25 minutes, 2 of which were S2S.

>La operación empezó a las 10h58utc y terminó a las 13h30utc. Unas 2 horas y media empleadas así:

• 20m CW: 24 QSOs en 41 minutos, 6 de los cuales fueron SaS.

• 17m CW: 6 QSOs en 8 minutos.

• 15m CW: 3 QSOs en 8 minutos.

• 30m CW: 10 QSOs en 26 minutos, 3 de los cuales fueron SaS.

• de vuelta a 20m CW: 9 QSOs en 25 minutos, 2 de los cuales fueron SaS.

My loyal and patient SOTA companion waited next to me, as usual:
>Mi leal y paciente compañero SOTA esperó cerca de mí, como de costumbre:

This is the full log with a total of 52 QSOs and 11 S2S:
>Éste es el log completo con un total de 52 QSOs y 11 SaS:

You can see it on the map:
>Pueden verlo en el mapa:

Thank you very much dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
>Muchas gracias estimados cazadores por sus llamadas y QSOs.

I’ll be looking forward to copying you all again soon from a summit.
>Estaré esperando copiarles a todos ustedes pronto de nuevo desde una cima.

Guru

5 Likes

I was pleased to get the S2S in the log Guru. In fact my activation was a good one because I not only worked yourself but also the other EA2 regulars: EA2DT, EA2LU and EA2CKX. I always class a summit as good when I qualify it with just EA2 chasers.

I also worked Armin DL6CGA on 30m and also, amazingly, Gerald G(M)4OIG. Gerald was only 181km from me but was an easy 319 copy on 30m. Mad or what?

1 Like

Hi Guru,
Many thanks for S2S !
73, Jarek SP9MA

1 Like

Thank you for the nice S2S, Guru

My VHF-HF Setup on I/LO-275 Monte Pranza

1 Like