Mountain Goat: G8XYJ

Congratulations Matt - very well done!

I was passing Walbury Hill on other business (family transport) and
was delighted that allowed a S2S on your Mountain Goat activation.

Also very nice to hear so much activity on 2m SSB that morning.

73, John M0VCM

1 Like

Many congratulations Matt. Sorry that I missed the activation, especially as the last time I saw you was on High Vinnalls - just too much going on at the moment. Good to see 2m SSB being used. Hopefully speak to you again sometime soon.

73, Gerald G4OIG

Hi Gerald et al

Thanks for the kind words. I was picking through my log trying to think who I have done a Joint Activation with during the 5.5 years.

Here is a list, but I am not 100% sure I have got everybody

Geoff 2E0BTR
Dave M0MYA
David M0YDH
Gerald G4OIG
Paul G4MD
John M0VCM
Mike 2E0YYY
John GW4BVE
Peter G3TJE
Bill G4WSB - Although this was an unplanned activation of Worcestershire Beacon when we happened to both be on the summit!
Matt M3RLM - My hill walking mate who like me, got his foundation through the ATC, he has exchanged QSOs once on Caer Caradoc back in 2010!
Stewart G0LGS and Matt 2E0MDJ - I met them on May Hill back in 2010, like with Bill it was unplanned and just a coincidence

After those, my mind goes a bit blank! It is amazing just how many people do SOTA in the UK and all over the world.
If I have missed anyone out then let me know. Also if anyone is up for tackling the 1 pointers and 2 pointers that I have missed in Mid and South Wales, then company is always welcome. This is much needed as my unique column is so poor at around the 100 mark. It would be nice to give that a boost!

Matt G8XYJ