Mount Hale, Personal Best

I want to thank all of the SOTA chasers who made my activation of Mount Hale W1/HA-157 a great success. Without a doubt, this has been my best activation so far.

I spent 3 hours on a warm, sunny summit and logged 45 HF QSO’s (39 NA, 6 DX). I worked my first station in Indonesia @YC2VOC. Thank you Galih, you are my personal best for DX. 5 Watts and a dipole, that’s amazing! You have outstanding RX.

See you all on the next one. Thanks again!

9 Likes

That’s great DX Fred! I activated Hale earlier this week! Lots of room to set up! See you at the W1 SOTA Campout! Bob AC1Z

1 Like

Hi Bob,
I saw that you had activated Hale earlier in the week. What a cool summit. This is the second time I’ve been up there but the first time with radio gear. The trail seems longer then a couple of miles.
I met a lady hiking NH Grid. 16 summits left, incredible!
CU at the campout.

2 Likes

I hiked Mt Hale long ago in 1984…will have to return to NH and do some SOTA some day!

73! Hal N6JZT

Hi Hal,
Mount Hale is a great summit. No view but it’s wide open which makes activating for SOTA a lot of fun. There’s a campground on Zealand Road just a couple of miles before the trail head. It rarely fills up. It’s to bad the fire tower is gone. That would get you up above the trees. New Hampshire Fire Towers - Mount Hale Tower
fred

2 Likes