Moderation in all things?

In reply to MM0FMF:
You are so wrong and out of order to make a statment like that.

Regarding your other comment in another thread…
"I, for one, welcome our new Tomintoul based overlord.

Oops this is Sotawatch.org not Slashdot.org, hard to tell the difference with all sounding off a few children are making elsewhere."

I call that being rude, refering to posters as being children… Not what I would expect from a MT Member

In reply to M0LMP:

As a (relatively) unbiased SOTA activator I have to say that the only significant push for major MT and rules change seems to come from a very small minority group with strong opinions as to how every one else should conform to their views. That group seems to be effectively led by yourself. It will be for the MT to rightfully judge as to what level of attention your ‘stirring’ deserves. I would ignore you, when you would either lose interest and stop ‘stirring’ or perhaps decide that SOTA is not after all for you - it would be your choice.

The very idea that anyone - chaser/activator/SWL - should tell me what kit I have to use when persuing my hobby and then publicly harangue me for failing to do so could only come from someone of such overwhelming arrogance as to render their comments irrelevant and needing no further consideration.

To get closer to the thread, the recent attacks upon the Moderator are in themselves almost grounds for exclusion of some contributors. Moderation is a thankless task especially in these days when some peoples view of their human rights is that no-one is permitted to disagree with them. Any moderator who does a good job will at some time be accused of censorship - usually by people with extreme views and high opinions of their own importance.

The moderator of this forum is doing his best and using his judgement to maintain maximum content whilst eliminating that which is inappropriate. He deserves our support and thanks for his efforts.

In summary:

SUPPORT YOUR MODERATOR &

LETS GET BACK TO INDIVIDUALLY AND PEACEFULLY ENJOING OUR UNIQUE BLEND OF TECHNOLOGY AND NATURE

In reply to M0TES:

Hear, hear Chris. What you say has needed saying for some time.

Thank you Brian for doing a good job and thank you MT for persevering under very difficult conditions.

73’s
David/G4CMQ