Microwave operators wanted !

Hi guys & gals,

Thought you might be interested in this POST on my Club’s Website?

Jack(;>J

2 Likes

13cm transverter arrived this week. Just need a bit of time to organise an antenna and to sturdyfy it all before heading up the fells

2 Likes

What did you buy? :slight_smile:

SG Lab 13cm transverter. Will go well with the ft817 on the fells as well as being able to chase those who are on Oscar 100.

Took a while to get here mind you.About 5 weeks after it was posted from Bulgaria

2 Likes

Good Day,

Decided to take the plunge try something new and purchase a 23cm transverter, after reading through the MW threads I sent an email to Hristiyan for a list of prices and thought to share these for others who may be interested.
The prices are:
23cm transverter - 156 Euro
13cm transverter - 210 Euro
9cm (3400/3456 MHz) transverter - 240 Euro
25W PA for 1296 MHz V2 - 162 Euro
20W PA for 2320 MHz V1 - 180 Euro
The price for shipping by BG Post is 8 Euro for 1 unit, 11 Euro for 2 units, to the UK

Email info@sg-lab.com
Now lead time for all transverters and PA is 2 weeks.

Worked out at £146.63 for a 23cm transverter via PayPal, will let you know if I get charged any import tax.

Graeme

4 Likes

I have quite a few of his pieces of kit and I’ve heard rumors of a 6 cm’s transverter coming out. I look forward to that.

I’d be interested to hear if you get any import/VAT charges on top. All my kit was ordered some time ago.

Nick G0HIK

2 Likes

Hi Nick

SG lab Transverter arrived today from Hristiyan well packaged and no customs fee, not let I will complain about.

Hope to find the time this weekend to set it up with the FT818, any tips welcome.

Graeme

I had an opportunity to hype up the SOTA Microwave Awards to the US microwavers as I don’t believe the SOTA Microwave awards are well known in the US microwaver groups—so I wrote this sidebar to the ARRL 10Ghz contest. I wonder if the general microwave population in the rest of the world knows about the SOTA Microwave awards…ARRL 10Ghz contest sidebar about SOTA Microwave Awards

2 Likes

Some do Tom.

My greatest microwave achievement was generating logs for Brian G4ZRP (now SK) so that he could receive a 100km and 150km distance award certificates for 23cm FM QSOs before he died from Prostate Cancer. He wasn’t expecting them and he said it took his mind off his condition.

2 Likes

The article is a fascinating read, just astounded at the queue of dishes in one of the photos.
Tom’s section on SOTA is really well written and explains the SOTA Microwave Awards in great detail - Thank You!

• Maidenhead Locator: JO60LV
  • QRV on bands 23cm
  • power and type of antennas: 10 watts & 2x15el yagi antennas
  • modes: SSB, FM & FT8

73, DG0JMB