Mendocino National Forest Trip

AA0BV traveling with W1EJ will attempt to activate summits in the Mendocino National Forest between Covelo and Willows on 25 July 2023. Five potential summits, moving from west to east: W6/CC-010 Anthony Peak, W6/NW-100 Buck Rock, W6/NC-446 West Log Spring Ridge, W6/CC-006 Black Butte, W6/NC-003 Brushy Mountain. Goal is to activate three or more of the referenced summits. Follow us on APRS AA0BV-5. Alerts have been posted and will be adjusted when cell phone service allows, however APRS location likely to be the best indicator of location.

5 Likes

Successfully activated Anthony Peak, Buck Rock and West Log Spring Ridge. Black Butte and Bushy will be activated on another day!

2 Likes

Missed you from NC446, Joe. Darn. But Ed had a big signal from
Anthony Pk, CC-010 on 40 meters today.
John, K6YK

1 Like

Sorry I missed you. Had a great day. 3 summits, 360 miles. Long drive but great summits.

1 Like

Followed you on APRS and noticed your speed between 57 and 63 mph on a freeway where everyone else was going over 70. What vehicle were you and Ed occupying??

Elliott, K6EL

1 Like

Heck,
The were on FOOT ~ !

2 Likes

Good stuff Joe! Post some pictures if you took any. 73.

1 Like

Didn’t take a lot of pictures - I think the APRS track is interesting - 360 miles portal to portal.
My picture is on Anthony Peak - our first summit.

3 Likes

Nice. Looks like a fun trip! I got W1EJ on CC-010 on 40. Listened for you a couple times but wasn’t able to hear you. See ya on the next one.

1 Like