#maythe4thbewithyou

Beware the Sith!

1 Like

But that’s Saturday…

1 Like

There are always two. A master and apprentice …

Star Wars Day, Saturday 4 May 2024, #maythe4thbewithyou :wink:

3 Likes

I have the SOTA badge :wink:

good one Andrew, pay that one. :wink:

Geoff vk3sq

^^^^^

I see you’ve mastered time travel Andrew!

1 Like

73 Armin

2 Likes

I don’t know why they brand it as Mikado in Europe instead of calling it Pocky as it is out in Japan (and Asia)

A fine selection of strange Japanese sweets I brought back from a business trip to Japan some 20 years ago. Meltykiss being exceptionally nice.

4 Likes

Andy,

Ah the delights of other people’s food and snacks.

What is the sugar content? Stuff I like is often high in “bad” fats, sugar, too much salt. Chocolate, roast pork, sultanas and ice cream, apple pie and cream. Sorry gotta go eat my lettuce meal.

Ron
VK3AFW

2 Likes

Most were just normal sweets / biscuits so yes high in fat and sugar like UK//EU snacks. I had to ration myself to one Pocky or Meltykiss a day or it would push my blood sugars to Defcon 5 :slight_smile:

There was a website at the time that showcased the weird (to EU tastes) and bizarre Asian snacks and drinks so I spent some time in Korea and Japan digging out the items featured. So I have bought and drunk “Pocari Sweat” and “Coolpis”. The taste of Pocari Sweat is one you probably need to learn to like, it was quite rank. But Coolpis (pronounced cool pee-shh) was a nice if sweet, Peach drink.

2 Likes

Every SOTA activator needs this.

2 Likes

Oh dear, once again the dark forces have now hijacked this thread.

Start your own thread on activator food snacks.

3 Likes

I gained my badge for this without being aware and the fact this thread has floated to the top it has prompted me that I should make a proper May-the-fourth activation this time. And reminded me about Men’s Pocky again :slight_smile:

I hope to be on GM/NS-136 or GM/NS-089 on Star wars day this year, as long as I take more than 12 parsecs to travel up the A9 and avoid the average speed cameras striking back.
I don’t think it counts as strange food but Capaldi’s ice cream is on my schedule as I drop out of hyper drive for fuel in Brora.
Andy
MM7MOX

2 Likes

May be a case of fast forward to April 2024. My time travel post was made in April 2023 :rocket:

Andrew VK1AD