May be crossing award streams here...

I have been wondering if (or how often) anybody has managed a Worked All States in a single activation. It would be an impressive feat.

Carl WB0CFF

I’m guessing approximately zero. I’m still trying to achieve Worked All Continents from a single activation, but I’m yet to get beyond five out of the seven.

1 Like

The 3905 Century Club nets are focused on the Worked All States award. With good propagation and some planning (get someone from Wyoming), it might be possible.

wunder

That was the last and most difficult State I worked for the WAS back in the 80’s. It looks like it’s still a hard one to contact.
Working all States in a single SOTA activation sounds like a really difficult task, but doable with planning and scheds.

Cheers,

Guru

Carl,

That’s an aspirational goal, especially with QRP.
The one state I am not sure I’ve worked from a SOTA summit is NE.
How about 50 states with 50 QSOs?
Thanks for the food for thought.
I entered the SS CW contest two years ago from W6/CT-226; missed NE, RI, SC.
Last year I tried again from W6/CT-225 and missed only NE. Close, but no cigar.
It seems like there is more activity from WY than in decades past. Similar situation in ND, SD and WV.

David N6AN

2 Likes

Reminds me of a time when I tried to work 5 band DXCC and apply for the award with only 100 cards… all expeditions, of course. Almost did it, but several of them split the confirmation stickers between two cards. No cigar.

As to 5 band WAS, I tried to do it with all the cards that came automatically from the ARRL during their parks on the air event, but I missed 10 and 12 meters. They choose the bands for 5 band WAS. Otherwise, it would be easier. I know someone who did it, but I don’t understand how he worked all 50 from a single location on ten meters. Maybe during the big sunspot high in 1958-59, when that band stayed open all night? Maybe using FT8? Maybe using his imagination?

Elliott, K6EL

I think it’s very achievable if your activation coincides with a popular US contest such as ARRL Sweepstakes in November or possibly CQP in October (if you are based in Cal) and you’re willing and able to put in the time. QRP might be painful if it’s a voice contest.

The viability also increases the further up cycle 25 we go.

Paul

Done it in the ARRL 10m contest many decades ago using a well equipped fixed station. Hard to imagine doing it during a single SOTA activation.

2 Likes

Hard to imagine doing it on 10m at present too!

2 Likes