Mario @DJ2MX Baaahhh

Mario moj, jako mi je drago da si dobacio do ovog Divojarca. Zelim ti puno zdravlja i puno ovakvih trofeja u buducnosti. Moracemo ovo zaliti u subotu u FH. Pozdravi tebi i familiji od Eldine i mene

1 Like

Congratulations, Mario!
I remember many QSOs both as a chaser and as an activator!
Have a lot of fun with your future activations, and the next 1000 points!

73 de Robert, DL4ROB

1 Like

Hi Mario! Congratulations on the activations that have allowed you to reach the MG, may you continue to enjoy the mountain and the radio.
We hope to continue listening to you from the mountain or from the QTH.
EA4DOS Elena
EA4DON Alex

2 Likes

Dear SOTA friends,

Thank you very much for the nice wishes!
Yes, it was a long way but I’ve finally reached my first MG :muscle:
I still remember when I got in touch with SOTA the first time. It was 2011 in Bosnia and Herzegovina
at Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club meeting, which was very close to the SOTA summit
E7/BO-067.
Sanjin DL7NX (E71DX) told us about the SOTA program . After that we went to the summit and made some QSO’s with his K1 and smal piece of wire.
But I quickly forgot about SOTA again, because my main interests were contesting and DXCC chasing
(I’m still a member of the Bavarian Contest Club).
In 2014 and 2015 I got my FT-817 and tried some portable activities again. From 2016 onwards I got hooked with SOTA and QRP. :slightly_smiling_face:
Unfortunately in 2019 I got my illness (Scleroderma) and my life changed drastically.
The year 2020 was very hard because of COVID-19 and my illness.
Since 2021 I’m retired and I try my best to enjoy life and amateur radio.
It seems like magic how it’s possible to make long distance QSO’s with just a piece of wire and only 5W.
I’ll never ferget my S2S QSO’s with VK2WP and ZL4NVW on the first of May this year or one QSO with JH1MXV just few days ago from DM/BM-028. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish you, activators and chasers, all the best and hope to hear you soon on the bands!
73, Mario DJ2MX (9A4MX,NØMX,E73DX)

9 Likes

Thanks Mario for your interesting story of how you got into sota. Well done. :+1:

cheers to your achievement :beers:

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Almost missed it…
Congratulations Mario!
Thanks for many QSOs and hopefully more to follow!

73s
Ingo

1 Like

Congrats! And thanks for being in your log on the day of your MG while I was on OE/TI-362 Köllenspitze!

73 de Martin, DK3IT

PS: Now I know why we had so many QSOs in the past weeks :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Bravo Mario,

73, Rudy 9a3r

1 Like

Congratulations Mario :slight_smile:

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Just discovered this! Congratulations Mario, well done, I look forward to many more contacts with you in the log.

Cheers,
Rob DM1CM

1 Like

Servus Mario!
Also from my side congratulations for becoming a mountain goat.

Thank you for your calls on my activations.

Vy 73, awdh
Wolfgang, DL4MHA

1 Like

Congratulations Mario on achieving Mountain Goat!

73 de Rumen / LZ2AF

1 Like