Manx for it!

Hello all

Just thought that I would say thank you to all the Chasers that have worked me during my time in GD Land!! After activating the 5 GDs, I’m looking forward to a couple of non SOTA days on the Island.

The activations went very well with plenty of contacts on 144 SSB, 70.45 FM, 145 FM and one contact on 433 FM!!

The trip started well with 36 contacts on GD/GD-001 Snaefell these included GM, GI, G and GW. In addition I worked friends from my Home town of Ludlow, Alan G7RHF and Cheryl M6RAL seem pleased to hear me and provided excellent signals on 2 SSB and 4 FM!!

QRM was no issue on this hill and I can honestly say that this is the best SOTA Summit I have activated so far. The views are breathtaking, the walk is fun, the DX is excellent for VHF and the Hospitality shown by people was superb. I RECOMMEND SNAEFELL TO EVERYBODY!!!

Other Highlights included GD/GD-004 Bradda Hill and its excellent views and very welcoming dry stone walls to act as a wind shelter. Furthermore GD/GD-005 Mull Hill gave excellent views to the Calf of Man on a warm October Afternoon.

Once again a massive thank you to the chasers and I look forward to activating this Saturday in the stomping grounds of the Macclesfield crew!!

Matt 2D0XTL (Normally 2E0XTL)