M1AVV Mountain Goat

Perhaps I’ve missed this. I can’t imagine it escaped unnoticed, but I can’t find any other mention of it. Anyway…

Just looking through the Database, I see Simon M1AVV has become a Mountain Goat. This was with an activation of Scafell Pike G/LD-001 on 11th September 2008. Simon has done no less than 323 SOTA activations on an impressive 152 Uniques.

Congratulations to Simon, a stalwart SOTA activator right back to the ‘early days’ of 2002.

(BTW, Simon, please email me a suitable photo for the press releases).

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Tom, you should have checked Sota milestones on the Summits Knowledgebase here. http://www.summitsbase.org.uk/tiki-index.php?page=News+September+2008#SOTA_Milestones_This_Month

it was reported there in Mike’s news.

Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to 2E0PXW:

:slight_smile:

In reply to M1EYP:

I would also like to add my congratulations to Simon for his achievement. Although we have never worked, with Simon having been a VHF/UHF-only activator during my time in SOTA and based up north, I can still appreciate the effort that must have gone into climbing so many hills. Well done!

Well done also to Tom for delving into the activator table in his never-ending quest for statistics. Your search has enabled Simon’s milestone to be brought to the wider SOTA audience. Keep up the good work!

73 de Les, G3VQO

Well done Simon on achieving this milestone and all on phone VHF/UHF I believe, a real achievement. Always a pleasure to work you both on SOTA summits or more recently from the humps.

Ian 2E0EDX/P