LoRa Tracker Setup

Having trouble setting up a Lilygo T-Beam AXP2101 with SX1262 LoRa. Using VSC I have the PIO environment set to ttgo-t-beam-v1_2_SX1262. As my board uses an SH1106 display I have commented out the relevant line in display.cpp. I have followed the build process and it all appears to load correctly. I get the LoRA APRS (TRACKER) display but it just flashes on and off. Nothing else is working. Ideas?

I did try Meshtastic. That appeared to load correctly once (appeared on Bluetooth) but now that doesn’t work either.

1 Like

Did you do what I did originally and use the buttons on the bottom of the VSC to compile/upload the config ?
Which image are you using from GitHub?

2 Likes

Yes, I followed the instructions. I used VSC as intended. I used this one but I tried others too with zero success. GitHub - richonguzman/LoRa_APRS_Tracker: LoRa APRS Tracker with Tx and Rx capabilities, Messages, Wx, Winlink and more...

2 Likes

I think I tried two images before I found one that worked. Off the top of my head, I think I settled on GitHub - lora-aprs/LoRa_APRS_Tracker: A LoRa based APRS tracker for ESP32 boards.

2 Likes

Cheers. I will try that out.

1 Like

The problem turned out to be something different. It was related to the pc that I was using. Swapping to a different pc cleared the problem. Weird.

3 Likes

I have been sufficiently impressed with LoRa APRS that I have this evening converted my home iGate (G3CWI-6) to LoRa APRS. In conjuction with my remote LoRa digipeater (G3CWI-2), there should now be LoRa tracking performance on 30+ summits around here. Most within the area inside the red line will probably have summit coverage. Just need to get a few people interested in experimenting with it. The hardware is as cheap as chips.

5 Likes