Logging S2S QSOs

HI All,

I just finished my first activation today and managed two S2S qsos.

I logged all of the non-S2S qsos, then went to the Chaser/S2S link and entered the two S2S qsos. When I view my qsos, they don’t appear. Should I add them to the regular log?

It was pretty easy except I didn’t bring a chair and my butt is sore from sitting on the Pelican case :slight_smile:
Thanks
Dave AA3EE

S2S QSOs are chase QSOs, they wont appear in an activator view.

1 Like

Welcome Dave! I think the answer to your question is yes, you should also be adding them to your activator log because they count toward your activator QSO’s (i.e., you were chased by them)

73, Barry N1EU

Dave,
Make it much easier on yourself by using one of the many methods available for using one V2 format CSV file, or one ADIF file, to upload everything needed in one action. Having a file of your activation contacts is also very handy if you need to amend the database contact log, as the only option is delete and reload.
Have a look at what is available, whatever you choose there are hundreds of us using that method and we can help you through the process.
I use vkportalog app on an android tablet to produce CSV and ADIF files, either of which can be used. But previously I used FLE app on a windows pc to enter the contacts and generate the required files. And before that I used Excel to capture the contacts. Each method works. There are lots of others.
73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

Thanks everyone, makes sense to log them both places.
Andrew, if I ever get past 20 QSOs, I’ll go electronic :slight_smile:

Dave AA3EE

if you’re running windows on your computer you should try this software:

73 martin, oe5reo

Welcome! The jacket that you wore when you started out (and were cold) that you removed 1/4 of the way to the summit makes a dandy buffer between the firmament and the fundament.

As for logging, I do all my logging in the field with paper and pencil. I then transcribe these to a spreadsheet, which gets saved as a .csv file then uploaded to the database. Pretty easy.

Look forward to chasing you!

73, Jim KK0U

An inflatable cushion only weighs a few ounces!

Dave,

The Thermarest Z-Seat is light and small. You can get them on Amazon, REI, etc. I use that with a jacket. I often sit in snow or on damp ground, and the Z-seat sits on the ground. You could use two of them for more of a cushion.

Welcome Dave!

On easier summits I’ve been carrying one of these around for the last year or so.

https://www.rei.com/product/765283/rei-co-op-trail-stool

Very light - a tad over a pound. Instant setup. Very comfortable. Just the right height. They’re basically the same design as the cheap stools you see at sporting goods stores but with aluminum legs and a lighter mesh seat.

73 - Mike