In reply to G0AZS:
I have used computer ribbon cable for many antennas from 20m to 80m dipoles with great success. The strength of the stuff is incredible, seems to withstand gales and I have never had the wire itself break (Having had a pole break when the antenna was set crosswise to the wind, when erecting the aerial in very strong wind I usually put one leg directly into the wind now, thus acting as a guy)
The weak point is where the feeder (and I do use RG174, no balun) joins the dipole, soldered joints are particularly vulnerable to breaking due to flexing. I have developed a technique using a three-tag tagstrip, the dipole ends being fed through the holes for strain relief and the feeder also being rigidly attached to the tagstrip by a cable tie to prevent flexing. The top of the cable is sealed with a gob of waterproof PVA adhesive to prevent water ingress. This arrangement is virtually weightless, and the one I am using at present has survived a dozen activations some in appalling conditions.
I have also used computer-ribbon dipoles with balanced feed and an ATU as in the Norcal design, but have generally found the arrangement to be less effective than a resonant dipole and of course you have the extra carriage and the fiddle of adjusting the ATU. But worth considering for a multi-band operation.
I also can recommend the “wirewinders” - they do have a small weight penalty but I’ve not had a tangle since I started using them, and they do make for very quick and easy deployment.
Good luck with the home-brew,
73 de Paul G4MD