Lanzarote: 5 of 5 plus 1

13/05/22. My last summit during my vacation was EA8/LA-019, Montaña Tahiche. Access: driving on the LZ1 to the north, at the roundabout in Tahiche ( with the mobile sculpture of Cesar Manrique ), take the first exit. Follow the Calle Bravo Murillo untill the name changes in Avenida El Golf. A little bit further you can see a good path on the left ( also the warning sign: zona de adiestramiento de perros de caze ). I haven’t seen a single dog on this “ hunting dog training area “… Walking to the top is a hard one.

Very strong wind, so it was the first time that I only used 1 support for my antenna. After 7 QSO’s and 1 S2S ( @CT2HOV ) it was time to listen if I could hear TM2IF ( @F5ODQ ). This special event ( in remembrance of Guru, EA2IF ) was the reason for me to go for an extra summit during my vacation.

On my location, the CW on 18.0839 Mhz. at 10:07 U.T.C. was 599. Not audible on 15m. and 20m.

I’m going home, feeling good. Thanks to all the HAM’s, for there efforts to make a QSO with me. The conditions where not so good ( high noise level on all the bands that I’ve used ), and a QRP station of only 5w.: it wasn’t easy to pick me up out of the noise…

Incredible HAM spirit !!!

8 Likes