LAB599 TX-500

It seems that lla is available and for sale !!!
HROUltra Compact All-Mode 10W HF/50MHz SDR QRP Transceiver

3 Likes

I’m guessing most of us have been thoroughly teased by the extraordinary good looks of this radio, it would seem an excellent fit for SOTA activators and I look forward to reading the reviews.

Another new radio, yay!

Mark. M0NOM

1 Like

Hi Dani
yes we know that New portable rig? Lab599 TX-500
73 Éric

1 Like

I just received mine. I’m going to test it next week on from my vacation home … I can’t wait.
73 - F5NFB/Jo

1 Like

It gets a good review in the November Radcom magazine from RSGB.

1 Like

I read that reveiw myself. The two negatives that stood out for me:
No built in ATU option.
No full break in on CW.
It looks a sturdy rugged thing though compared to the Elecraft line, highly suitable for SOTA .
Made in Russia apparently, not China.

73 Phil

Following with interest! A robust, water resistant and lightweight SSB HF radio with 10W is a “sweet spot” for me. As long as it will operate on the UK 60m segments and not be limited to the WRC-15 allocation.

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

With the latest firmware update, the frequency range that is covered on 60m is now between 5258.5kHz and 5406.5kHz USB.

I did a quick demonstration of that, as well as the added voice beacon feature while doing SOTA one week ago:

Further, after a couple of activations with this transceiver, I wrote two reviews in this forum, the last one can be found here.

73 Stephan

4 Likes

Ah thanks! Sorry that slipped by me! I will take a look now.

1 Like

Unfortunately I couldn’t do anything this time because my ELECRAFT-T1 decided not to continue the adventure with me. So it will be for a next time but in any case: no more automatic tuning boxes. Next portable operation with an EMTECH-Z2.

2 Likes