La Gamonal EA1/AT-047

Hi folks,
This week I am spending my holidays in Asturias, the province of my wife, every years we are 1-2 weeks to see family, riding bicycle and eating more than I must eat.

This time I bring my radio setup to make some Sota around me and Ignacio EA2BD tells me that he has a friend here who practiques Sota activities, and why not? I called him and quickly he offered to take me to a splendid mountain summit, La Gamonal.

I must tell that I enjoyed always sota alone, only me and the radio, It’s the peace I’m always looking for, but this time I trusted in Ignacio and his unknow friend.

Well, I can tell you this is the better Sota that I made not only for the summit and environment, also the company was amazing, TNX Javi!

When we arrived at the summit, we deployed the linked dipole for 40/20 and I started on 40cw, un about 1 hour my log registed 48 qso (3 S2S), great.

Then, Javi took the reins of the rig and continued on 20cw and also a bit SSB, with a total ammount of 68 qsos (4 S2S), fine business!

While Javi was riding 20 meters band I deployed another 4 meters fishing Rod and deployed a Slim Jim for VHF, only 2 qsos was possible.

The weather was amazing, both in T-shirt with no freeze and a sunny day, perfect.

Many thanks Javi for this amazing Sota, this kind of experiences are the best in the radio Life.

6 Likes

Javi working hard

Vhf setup, 4 meters fishing Rod and J-POLE, VX-6E.

2 Likes

Nice pictures!

Good luck, Tonnie de PA9CW

1 Like

Nice place Jon! 73

1 Like