Kisdon G/NP-026 from Keld

I’m wanting to do Kisdon from Keld. Is there a way up from the north (say from about 897007) which doesn’t require climbing a wall?

1 Like

Not very helpful but I’ve only done ot from the bridleway starting at 892006 which was easy. FYI F5JKK is looking for the summit as one of his last “G” chases.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks Paul. At what point do you leave the bridleway and head up the hill?

Richard

Hi,
For sure will look for you hardly Richard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m hoping to do Rogan’s Seat G/NP-014 on Thursday and I’m trying to work out if I will have time to tack on Kisdon as I have to be home by 1800 latest.

1 Like

At the field boundary 897993. I did it from within the AZ rather than on the Cairn. If you have a bike Rogans Seat will be easy… well easy on the way down :slight_smile:

Why didn’t I think of that?! The wall corner I’m worried about is in the AZ so problem solved! So I should be able to do it from the North assuming there isn’t some other hazard I haven’t thought of.

I’ve put up alerts for Thursday (24/3/22) for Rogan’s Seat and Kisdon. On Kisdon I will start on 20m as that is the band I’ve always worked Eric @F5JKK . Hopefully my timings will all go to plan as I will have to leave so I can be home for 1800Z.

2 Likes

Richard,

I will be happy to catch you :wink:

73, Éric

2 Likes

I’m going to Kidson too. I was just about to put up an Alert when I noticed this thread. It will give @F5JKK two bites at Kisdon. I’ll be late morning.

FYI, I did Rogan’s Seat a few days ago. I’d have been pushed to do that with Kidson on the same day and have a sensible finish time. Rogan’s Seat is quite a fair old walk.

Kidson will be my last G/NP summit.

My intended approx route below, thanks Phil @G4OBK. There is a small “pull off” the minor road at the start point. Probably take 1 or 2 cars. Failing that I’ll fall back to the main car park in Keld and walk a bit further. Might see you on the hill somewhere, although I aim to be off before your activation time.

©Crown copyright 2022 Ordnance Survey. Media 041/22

3 Likes

Perhaps we’ll manage S2S while I’m on Rogan’s Seat - I’ll have my 2m handy on. You being on Kisdon first takes the pressure off me so if Rogan’s Seat take me longer than I expect then I’ll skip Kisdon.

1 Like

I’ll do my best to make the timings work.

Many thanks Gerald @MW0WML and Richard @G4TGJ for activating G/NP-026 today, lost Gerald by lunch time but worked Richard in his 1st CW CQ on 20m :+1: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Now go for the last NP needed G/NP-023
73, Éric

1 Like

Hi Eric

I’m delighted to have given you G/NP-026 today. You were the first 20m caller on both summits today which seems appropriate! I also got an S2S with Gerald on 2m while he was on Kisdon and I was still on Rogan’s Seat eating an early lunch.

Both summits seemed much quieter than normal, radio wise. On Kisdon that makes sense as Gerald had already activated it but I was expecting more callers while on Rogan’s Seat. Plenty more than 4 though.

I shall be activating Aye Gill Pike G/NP-023 at some point soon I hope. I’ll let you know.

73 Richard

3 Likes

Not one of my most productive Activations. I was using 30W out of the FT-857 and only got contacts in limited locations on 40m and 20m and generally low signal reports, which is unusual when I’m running 30W.
Seems “the sky wasn’t working very well” at that point in the day.
My only 2M FM contact was the S2S with Richard

3 Likes

It’s good to know it wasn’t just me the sky wasn’t working well for.

1 Like