King Charles III Coronation

Just to let all those know who hold a UK callsign that you can apply to have R in your callsign for the months of May and June for the Coronation of King Charles III. You can make the application here Notice Of Variation of an amateur radio licence to permit the use of a regional secondary locator to mark the Coronation of The King and The Queen Consort - Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site : Radio Society of Great Britain – Main Site. I will be applying to have R in M0HGY, 2E0EYP and M3EYP, but will probably only be using MR0HGY.

Jimmy M0HGY

4 Likes

Cheers Jim for the link. NOV generated and download.

Also cheers to the RSGB for offering such a vast range of titles to pick from (Mr, Miss, Cpl, Maj etc.) In the spirit of trans-inclusivity I have elected to have my NOV in the name of Lady Andy Sinclair.

6 Likes

Thanks Jim, done. MR1EYP/P QRV from the summits (again) in 5 weeks or so!

2 Likes

I will be in Spain and struggling with the callsign EA#/M0WIV/P where # will be a different number depending where I am in Spain. Given my limited CW skills I don’t need any more characters!

But I will be back in the UK for June so might add it then. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You don’t have to include the number, it’s optional.

MR0 actually sounds OK compared with MM0.

3 Likes

I may well take the EA option instead of EA#, at least EA is very easy to send. I must see if I can send it like Manuel does. :slight_smile:

1 Like

MR 0HEM

5 Likes

Andy might need a MRS prefix with his/her/its/their new title…

3 Likes

I don’t usually bother with these things, got a confusing enough collection of call sign variations as it is without choosing to add more.
But then I just realised I’d be MR 5OTA. So I probably ought to really!

4 Likes

I should NOV the MS0TA call I have to MR0TA just to add confusion!

3 Likes

I think I’ll have to go for this - it will be great ADD!

3 Likes

Good, because you shouldn’t use them - CEPT says it’s just your Basic callsign that you should use with the appropriate prefix.

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Added to my collection of NoVs, most of which I ended up never using… :wink:

4 Likes