KE7BGM, Kay, the first NA Lady Double Mountain Goat

Big Congratulations to Kay, KE7BGM, who became the first NA Lady Double Mountain Goat (“Double Nanny Goat?”) yesterday with her activation of Mogollon Rim (W7A/GR-001). Ken (K6HPX) and Kay have been on a SOTA adventure all week in SE Arizona, and Ken achieved Triple Mountain Goat the day before Kay’s Double Mountain Goat. If my math is correct :grinning:, there are five mountain goats living in the Kay-Ken herd. That’s a lot of BAAAAAA!

Dave, AE9Q

15 Likes

A hearty congratulations to Kay, KE7BGM, for the outstanding achievement! Kay was already an accomplished Peakbagger before her introduction to amateur radio and her involvement in SOTA plays right to her key strengths! Best wishes for the next thousand points to “Triple Nanny Goat”!

73/88

Paul K9PM

2 Likes

Congratulations Kay. Thanks for the many recent chaser points, your signal was remarkably consistent here in Central Texas. - Don AC7P

2 Likes

Congratulations Kay! What an amazing accomplishment! I’m always pleased when I can put you in my chaser log. You and Ken certainly have spent a lot of time at high elevation so it’s no surprise to learn that you are the first NA Double MG !

Best 73 de Keith KR7RK

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS KAY. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.
JACK

2 Likes

Congratulations Kay

Quite an accomplishment!!

Best wishes

Ariel NY4G/VY2AJ

2 Likes

Great Job Kay, always nice to hear your cw calls. 73/88 Tom

2 Likes

Way to go Kay! Thanks for all the contacts through the years. It’s always fun to work you.

73, Brad
WA6MM

2 Likes

Kay, I can see you are giving the OM in the house a run for his money as you are already working on 3x MG!! You are an inspiration to all of us!

Woody/K1LB

2 Likes

Congratulations Kay and thanks for the many activations.
Charlie - KØLAF

2 Likes

Congratulation Kay, You and Ken are an inspiration to the other goat couple in Arizona. You’re going to be hard to keep up with.

Lee
N7LP

1 Like

Wow Kay, congratulations. You and Ken are an awesome couple and part of the reason Lee and I got involved. My hat is off to you. Lin KB7CWV 88s

2 Likes

With this milestone, she needs a custom phonetic call, don’t you think? How about…….

Kilo Echo Seven Benny Goodman’s Music.

Elliott, K6EL

:bomb::

2 Likes

Ahhh, yes! Big Congrats to my life and SOTA partner, Kay, KE7BGM.
Thanks for sharing the long drives, lousy roads, weather, terrific views, and wonderful activators and chasers. Thanks too, for getting me started in peak bagging.

Ken

1 Like

Congratulations Kay, outstanding achievement!

2 Likes

Hi to all the SOTA guys and gals,
Thank you for such lovely comments and for continuing to respond to my SLOW CODE.
Couldn’t have gotten here without all of you. For me, the fun is in the hiking, even though our last adventure was all drive ups, due to Kenny’s recent surgery. Remember, he’s the slow hiker and speedy code, I’m a faster hiker and slow code. Great partners!
Thank you all again, hope to hear from all of you when we get out on peaks again.
Kay KE7BGM

2 Likes

Thanks, Elliott, I love your suggestion for a phonetic code. Now if I could get Kenny to dance to it-----? Maybe not in this lifetime.
Kay KE7BGM

1 Like

Congrats Kay and well done on a remarkable job.

Here’s a snap of Kenny and Kay (plus Paul K9PM and Guy N7UN) taken a while back.

2 Likes

Being non-coders, we were not aware of the record you were compiling. Most impressive!!
Congratulations.

Merle and Herm
KB1RJD and KB1RJC
Madison, NH

1 Like

Ken & Kay,

Remarkable achievement! You both are in good company.
Remember…
Keep Calm
And Call
CQ SOTA.

73’s
Dean ~ K2JB

1 Like