KC0YQF First NA Female Goat!

Congratulations Lynn, well done!

73/88, Dan NA6MG

1 Like

Congratulations Lynn! I made sure Kylee (and Amy, my wife) knew of your impending achievement yesterday morning, and on one of our favorite summits, Chief Mountain, too! (We have good memories of that summit!)
I really hoped to work you yesterday, after so many QSOs over the years (including the times when Kylee worked you). Unfortunately I couldn’t hear a peep with the poor conditions.

I’m so glad you got the necessary QSOs in spite of not feeling well and the poor propagation! I hope you get to feeling better and can get back out on the next summit soon!

BTW - thanks a bunch to you and Frank for helping out Amy with the tuner selection. She appreciated the guidance and it was a great Christmas gift! I appreciate our “long distance” friendship - you both epitomize the true spirit of SOTA!

73/88,
Randy, ND0C (and Kylee!)

1 Like

Congratulations Lynn. I was happy to make a contact with you the past weekend, while you were activating W5N/EL-016. It surprised me that I could hear you, as I was trying to make a contact with a station activating a peak in Colorado, but couldn’t hear him very well (like almost no signal), but then I looked at the SOTA spot app on my phone and saw that you had been spotted, so I QSY’ed to your call frequency. And I was pleasantly surprised to hear your call, very clearly, and no drift at all (on my end). If you trace a directly straight line from my home in Penticton, BC to Wagon Mound, NM, you’ll see Colorado is right on that line. So strangely enough, there was a strong signal from your summit location there to my mobile - it hopped over the mountains of Colorado to come down in BC. I gave you an RST 55 while you gave me a RST 53 - I’ll take that anyday of the week. Hope to work you again on some of your upcoming summits - de VE7JBT

1 Like

Congratulations, Lynn. A great accomplishment. My chasing log is brimming over with contacts with you. And a few with Frank too :). I always enjoy working you. Keep up the good work.

Phil, NS7P

1 Like

Congrats Lynn on a sticking with your goal over these years! And thanks to Frank for supporting you in this effort! Go get 'em girl! Baaaa! Guy/n7un

1 Like

Congrats Lynn. Been a pleasure working you these past few months. Would have been in the pileup too but work got in the way :wink: Look forward to many more Q’s with you and Frank!

73/88’s, Todd KH2TJ

1 Like

Congratulations Lynn on achieving the Mountain Goat Award, dedication pays dividends

73’s
Dave
MW0XRT

1 Like

Well done Lynn! - from the mountains of NC.

1 Like

Congrats Lynn and welcome to the herd! The video was great way to see how it unfolded for you. Well done!
Mike NS1TA

1 Like

Congratulations Lynn, well deserved.

Rob G0PEB

1 Like

Sending our Com-gratulations and admiration to you from New Hampshire!
Merle KB1RJD
Herm KB1RJC

1 Like

It’s a lot of fun chasing you Lynn. You always seem to enjoy each and every outing and I visualize you with a smile every time I work you.

Great job…

1 Like

Congratulations, Lynn, on your impressive achievement!!!
Peter KD0YOB

1 Like

Congrats Lynn! Hope to chase you on some more summits. Hopefully S2S!

Nate N0PCL

1 Like

All,

Frank K0JQZ has made a very nice video of Lynn’s MG Activation. This says it all.

Here’s the link:

KX0R

6 Likes

Huzzah!!

1 Like

Hi all, Lynn is having some PW issues and has a nasty cold. She wanted me to tell you all thanks for the congratulatory remarks. We have had a lot of fun on the summits and will have much more in the future.

I am real sorry that conditions were not better. I had a feeling that would happen after reading the solar report, we have activated in bad conditions before but it has never been that bad.

The QSL cards have been arriving daily and we will pick a winner for the radio soon.

Thanks one and all

Frank and Lynn
K0JQZ and KC0YQF

5 Likes

Congratulations, Lynn! We’ve worked each other several times and I always appreciate hearing your happy voice, with your closing of 73 and 88! :slight_smile:

Dave, AE9Q

1 Like

Randy, I am glad you liked the tuner. It was a pleasure to help Amy with its selection. Whenever we hear Kylee on the air it just makes our day. Of course I like hearing you in the CW pileup as well. Operators like you are getting few and far between.

Frank K0JQZ

1 Like

Congrats, Lynn. Way to go!

73, Bob K0NR

1 Like