K7MK IS 2ND W7I GOAT

Congrats Jim on MG. Always fun to work you on a summit.

Gary A. - W0MNA

1 Like

Congratulations on MG Jim. It was an added pleasure to work you on your MG activation as well as your first activation at this summit on Apr 4th 2015.

73 Rich N4EX

1 Like

Congrats Jim on your achievement. Hope to work you many more times.
BAA!
Dennis - WA2USA

1 Like

Way to go Jim! Thanks for the all the chaser, activator & S2S contacts.
Vick k7vk

1 Like

Congrats. Jim on your Mountain Goat summit. Pleasure to work you today. 73 de Scotty

1 Like

Congratulations Jim! I am glad I was able to work you on your Goat summit.

Jeff K6QCB

1 Like

Congratulations, Jim, and well deserved! Conditions did not favor hearing you from my QTH but I was rootin’ for you all the way!

73 de CT7/K9PM

1 Like

Congrats Jim! Welcome to the herd. See you on the air.
Mike NS1TA

1 Like

Congrats Jim ! Tnx for all the summits…

1 Like

Thanks all!

Such a great day and activation. After my February Tucson SOTA trip I had an idea to ramp into 999 points right before my birthday and then go for the Goat on my birthday. Somehow everything worked out, got enough points and had a nice sunny day for the activation. My wife/Rochelle (who is usually on the summits with me), my son/Dan and Jim/KK7A (who has caught the SOTA bug) were on the summit with me.

Thanks everyone for all the QSO’s over the years! Sadly I missed some of the regulars during the activation, but I am sure I’ll get them on the next summit. 71 QSO’s during the activation, including 5 that I worked on my first SOTA activation (same summit as the Goat summit) back on 4/4/2015 (AC1Z, N4EX, NA6MG, W7RV and WB5USB).

Jim/KK7A took some pictures and a video after I had made the first 4 QSO’s. He also had a surprise from Scott/K7ZO (W7I AM and good friend) who ordered the SOTA Goat trophy ahead of time. Video and pix at this link: Jim Larson Photography | K7MK - SOTA Goat

Thanks again all and catch you on the next summit!

73, Jim/K7MK

4 Likes

Getting your award while on the summit is pretty cool! That was a great idea by Scott.

1 Like

Mike… Yes! It was a complete surprise! Grateful for amazing ham/SOTA friends!

1 Like

Congrats, Jim …I think I missed your MGactivation but chased you a few times and maybe even an S2S not sure! way to go OG! 73, Steve/wGOAT

1 Like

Steve, Thanks and always great to work you. Though the QLF sets in when I hear the wG0AT call! Sorry missed you on my goat summit, but got you the day before when I hit the 999 point mark. 20 QSO’s total in my log with you. Catch you on the next summit! 73, Jim.

Congratulations Jim!!! It was a real pleasure to work you on your “Goat Hill”
See you on the next summit!

de Joe KE9AJ

1 Like

Jim,

Thanks for many contacts, especially the great S2S contacts - you’re in many of my logs!

73 and Good Luck!

George
KX0R

1 Like

Jim, No worries about QLF …I consistently QLF for many reasons but as my music teach once told me NEVER stop playing (sending) no one will notice if you miss a note BUT if you stop playing (sending) folks will say WTH?? Plus it messes up the rhythm if you stop!

Moral: just keep going QLF and/or QRF (QRF = start sending with the Right Foot) :rofl: :joy: :goat: :sunglasses:

You’re MG now Jim! You’re entitled to QLF or QRF or QRT when you want? :+1:

1 Like

Congratulation Jim, and welcome to the herd. I was hoping to catch you for an S2S but I didn’t wait long enough.

Lee - N7LP

1 Like