K6ILM assigned new call

After decades of being called EL on air, I decided to go with the trend and enter a two year long lottery for a chance at “K6EL”. I won. You can continue to call me EL if you wish, but I prefer sir or honorable EL or your highness.
Elliott, K6EL
Nee K6ILM
Nee Sir EL

Congrats on the new call Elliot. Much quicker to send and your battery will last longer on the summits. HI! All the best and hope to catch you on your next summit. “73” de Scotty

In reply to K6ILM:

Congratulations Elliott! I guess I was the only guy who always took the time to spell out your entire name on CW. You were probably thinking “yeah yeah I know my name, just give me my danged report already!”. With your new call I can now feel comfortable calling you EL like everyone else.

Oh, and I think a better title for you would be Duke of Davidson since you spend so much time on that hill. By now I suspect that you must have erected your castle, hired a staff and made quite a bit of progress on your moat. :wink:

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software + RBNGate FAQ:
http://www.ku6j.com

Congratulations Elliott on getting your new callsign.

Jimmy M0HGY

In reply to K6ILM:

Congratulations, m’lud, your ermine-trimmed cloak and coronet is in the post!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to K6ILM:

Now taking bets on how many times you send K6IL in the first two weeks :slight_smile:

Congrats El…Jim KG7E

In reply to KG7E:

Now taking bets on how many times you send K6IL in the first two weeks
:slight_smile:
Congrats El…Jim KG7E
You’re on your way to collecting that bet, Jim. My first use of the call was today in contact with Doc, K7SO. I sent K6I… and stopped, flustered, and forget to tell him it was an S2S. So I slowed down, putting the lie to Scotty’s promise of longer battery life with the shorter call. I wanted Brian’s ermine collar and cuffs, but the RMS won’t allow pelts in the mail. Gotta find a way to post a live critter and skin him over here in the rural outback and pay Billy Bob Lee to do the job. I did try the suggestion of KU6J, building a moat for my new castle, but it’s a summit. All the water made haste down the hill into a rose garden…it has always been said that hams make poor neighbors, but that was never envisioned. This was:
.DXer Billy Bob Lee
.Used coax as thick as a tree
…There’s corona at night
…As he dims every light
.Next door hangs his stuffed efi-geee
Elliott, K6EL
The Duke of
Mt Davidson

In reply to K6ILM

I hope one day to make contact with you from the UK EL :o)

Congratulations on the new call.

Carolyn